❃𝙺𝚒𝚊𝚛𝚊❃

"Cameron, I won't ask again. Put the toys down and clean your room." I sigh deeply as I pause to look down at him.

He frowns, disappointed he couldn't get away with it for a little while longer. "Okay," He mutters as he drops his toys on the living room floor. He shuffles down the hallway and towards his room. I'm right behind him with the roll of yarn I'd been looking for, parting ways with him when he splits off into his bedroom. I head into my own, leaving the door open behind me.

I'm trying to keep myself busy for now while I wait for the worst part of my day to begin. Today, Wyatt's supposed to come over so we can talk about the shit said a little over a week ago. I haven't seen him since. He was supposed to be at Cam's birthday, but I can't say I'm totally upset he didn't make it. I was still pissed off even though it'd already been a few days, and it really only would've made things worse.

I'd love to do this while Cam isn't in the house, but there's no one he can be with for a while. Noah mentioned he was helping Aaliyah and Alex move today and offhandedly added that Aaliyah's having him drive Elaina to his parents' house—So I really doubt he can have Cameron bouncing around them while they're all busy. My mom also has hesitantly admitted that she can't watch Cameron for more than an hour and a half anymore. After an hour and a half, Cameron starts to wind himself up and she just can't keep up anymore.

But it's okay. I've already warned Cameron that—yes, Wyatt is coming over today, but not for long. I didn't go into detail, obviously, but I did tell him that we had some things we needed to talk about. He got quieter at that, and just nodded in response. He heard most of that conversation. As much as I hate it, he must know what Wyatt and me have to talk about.

All morning, I've tried to tell myself that it'll be okay. I've thought about how the conversation could play out, and I'm beginning to come to terms with however it'll end. At least, I think I have. The anxiety that courses through my body at the sound of someone knocking at the door tells me otherwise.

Cameron pokes his head out of his room and into the hall as I start getting out of bed. I pause in the doorway of his room and try to smile. "Come on." I beckon him to follow me down the hall. He's quick to do so, but starts frowning when I stop in the living room and walk over to the couch to find the remote. "You can take a short break, but you need to finish cleaning your room today." I warn as I turn the tv on for him.

He slowly comes in further and drops down on the floor where he had been beside his toys. I hand him the remote to let him pick his own show. I lean down to kiss the top of his head before I step away and hurry the rest of the way to the door.

I can't really find it in me to smile at him when I open the door. Even when I see the bundle of roses in his hand, I can't bring myself to do it. "Hey." He manages to smile softly at me.

"Hi." I return on a short nod. I look away as I step aside to open the door more. "Come in." I whisper. He hesitates, but ultimately steps inside. After I've shut the door behind him, he offers the flowers to me. For a second, I just stare at them. "Thank you." I eventually reach forward to take them. Silently, I gesture for him to go ahead. He does and slowly comes to a stop in the living room.

"Hey, Cam." Wyatt gently greets my son with a smile as if he hadn't been shit talking his dad in this fucking house the last time he was here.

Cameron doesn't answer him. At least not while I'm standing there. I make myself disappear for a moment, just moving into the kitchen to leave the roses on the counter before I go back to the living room to retrieve Wyatt. "Come on." I gesture for him to go down the hall to my room. He reluctantly follows my direction. I stay in the living room for a moment to smile softly at my son sat crisscross on the ground in front of the tv. "Are you going to be okay?" I ask, just making sure before I go.