Chapter 476: The First Step to Conquering Across Planes

Popov left, and Richard took the three Crown 3-stars troops of the Tower race. These were the Tower warriors that the system already rewarded.

There was no doubt about the strength of the crown warriors.

However, what made him hesitate was whether there was a need to recruit them.

The Tower race’s battle style was charges on the ground. That was sparingly incompatible with Twilight City.

Most importantly, these troops needed logistics. It wouldn’t be easy to raise them.

Richard shook his head and set aside the idea of nurturing the soldiers.

He would keep them for a while and use them as nourishment when the lair leveled up next time.

Richard settled and did not bother himself anymore. He enjoyed a sumptuous dinner afterward.

He had planned to rest early to relieve his fatigue. But Karu asked to see him again in the middle of the night.

“Lord, sorry to disturb your rest.”

Karu’s wrinkled face looked sparingly awkward when he saw Richard in his soft pajamas.

Richard leaned back on his stool and smiled.

“It’s fine. How’s the discussion on the teachings of the Ancient Tree of Darkness divine system going?”

“We’re still discussing it. This matter is too important. We need everything to prove and study in detail. It will take a few more days to perfect it.”

Karu sounded very serious.

Creating a divine system was like a dream to the natives of the “Shining Era.”

What kind of existence were gods? The ruler of this world, the ruler with supreme prestige!

But now, they wanted to create a divine system.

Richard brewed the emotions of excitement, delight, uneasiness, and nervousness in his heart.

He nodded but did not rush Karu.

“There’s no need to worry. We couldn’t perfect a new divine system in one go.”

“Don’t be afraid of mistakes we might carry out. We can fix them immediately if problems come midway.”

“The entire underground world is our experimental field.”

Master Karu felt sparingly more at ease and nodded solemnly.

“Lord, I won’t let you down.”

It was a form of trust and absolute responsibility for the city butler to take on his shoulders such a vast matter that could directly affect the future of Twilight City.

Richard waved his hand and stopped talking about it.

That could be a long project. And it would be difficult to see results in a month or two.

“Is there anything urgent besides this?”

Karu said slowly, “Lord, Twilight City has recently recruited several residents.”

That riveted Richard.

“This is a good thing…”

Karu’s gaze became increasingly grave as he spoke, and Richard could not help but sparingly frown.

“Is there a problem?”

Master Karu said in a deep voice.

“Those refugees are not the residents of the desert of death.”