You're One Of The Good Ones

(Violet's Pov)

It was about two weeks into my trip to Austin not that it would have taken me less time to get there but of course there had to be walkers still. How were they still around? Were there more survivors than we originally thought? Of course, many people would stay in hiding not because of the dead, no because of the living. I sighed as I make a stop in a gas station and I board up the entrance and looked for anything to grab, but of course everything is expired, no point in trying to look but hey it wouldn't hurt, could find some ammunition if I was lucky. Which lady luck was in my favor when I found a few shotgun shells. Do I have a shot gun? No, but I could trade them or give them to AJ or Liz.

"Could learn to shoot with one." I mutter. I've been talking more to myself lately, it still hurt from time to time but if I can talk more, it would make Clementine happy right? I'm not bottling up my emotions at least. Besides, Joan hasn't bothered me at all, I haven't seen her these past two weeks which I'm glad for.

"Should have grabbed my prosthetic." I mutter as I look to my stump and sighed. I set my bag to the ground and grabbed the map and marked off where I was and looked to see that I'm probably a day out from Austin.

"If I make less stops." I mutter and nod as I set the map into my pocket and I take a breath until I hear some groaning and I grabbed my bag and looked to see about one to two dead heads. I grabbed my knife and I moved to the exit and slowly made my way out the store. I look around and see no other walkers and I head out towards the city limits. As I predicted it was around nightfall by the time that I saw the sign saying Welcome to Austin. But it was handmade not like the signs usually welcoming you into the states or counties. I look around a bit and see the cars on the highway and I decided to go to a truck and lock myself in it for the night. As I got settled in, I grabbed my notebook and decided to write in it before I felt tired. I would look out the window from time to time to see if anything would pop out and scare me.

Of course, there was nothing, not even a Walker but it was to be better safe than sorry, especially since I'm alone. I begin to think if this is how Clem felt when she was alone. Did she feel worried for herself? Well, she had AJ to look after but the time that she didn't have him did she feel like this? Alone, scared? Ashamed? I know I feel ashamed. For what I had done but it was an accident, it really was.

"I didn't mean to hurt anyone... I'm sorry." I mutter to myself and then sighed as I lay down on the seats of the truck. Lucky for me it had a bed seat and not like the newer trucks where you could recline them back. I know I had fallen asleep because I woke up to a tap sound on the window. I slowly open one eye to see a Walker as they tried to break the glass but their arm hand had no muscle to it, nothing but a skeleton of the hand. I slowly get up to see more Walkers and I duck down a bit and went to grab my pistol in a panic. I ended up pulling the trigger making it shoot close to my hip and through the door of the truck and I covered my mouth dropping the pistol to the floor. I look to the driver's window to see another Walker passing by and looking in the window seeing me and it also tried to break the window but couldn't. though this one seemed to be a newly made walker, not enough decay to be dead for years.

"Fucking great." I mutter quietly and I slowly turn my body to try and reach for my gun. Once in hand I look to the windows to see a few more Walkers and I look around and see the keys in the ignition. It wouldn't be worth to try and test it out, batter must have been dead for years, plus it was a stick shift, I can't drive that right now either. How the fuck did the Walkers get so close to this supposed community though. Did they get the people here? Was it a lie that the guy Luke was here at all.

"Mother fucker of course he would lie in front of us, probably in Georgia not Austin." I mutter quietly and then there was another bang to the window and I could see some cracks and I grit my teeth. I take a breath and I get up quickly and grabbed my bag and looked around for any way to escape and I see a small opening. It was a bit risky but I had to take it. I unlock the passenger door and slam it into the Walker making it fall backwards and I hurry out the truck and run as fast as I could. There were Walkers everywhere. I groan as I made a left turn and ran but then I bump into a Walker and it grabbed my arm. I kicked it in the leg making it drop and I tore my arm away from it before I smashed my boot into it's face. The other Walkers of course saw me and tried to come after me so I ran again shoving Walkers away as best as I could before I ran into a building and locking the door behind me and I grabbed whatever I could to block the door. I was panting like crazy and leaned on the chair behind me before I hear a bang and I quickly get up and aim my pistol at the door. the banging continued and I hurry and run through the hallway. I could hear my boots hitting the floor as I ran and almost slipped as I look around to notice I was in a school. I slow down a bit and looked around to see some old drawing hanging up. Little kid drawings that they hadn't taken down.