Are The Walls Finally Breaking?

(Violet's Pov)

I looked to Clementine as she looks at me and I look to my lap as she backed up from the chair. I sighed as I look to her.

"Please don't tell me that you still think you're in Joans group, do you?" She asked and I look at her.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you still think you're in her group?" She asked.

"No, why are you treating me like I'm fucking crazy?" I asked her and she looks at me.

"Violet-."

"I'm not crazy, I'm not." I tell her.

"I know you aren't but you worry me sometimes." She says.

"You don't need to worry about me Clem." I tell her.

"Why? Why should I not worry about you?" She asked.

"Because I'm not a good person Clem, I'm not a good wife, I'm not a good mom, I'm not good at anything anymore, I get drunk, I run off when things get way out of hand for me, I hallucinate and hear voices in my head and I hate it Clem, I fucking hate it, but you and the others don't understand, you'll never understand." I tell her.

"If you don't tell us any of this then we can't help you." She says.

"That's the thing, I don't want your help."

"Yes, you do."

"NO, I DON'T!" I yelled at her as I got up and in her face. She looks at me and I look down to the floor and then shake my head.

"I don't want your help, because... because it means I'm weak, that I can't do anything to help myself, that I can't... Do anything... now stop." I tell her and she grabbed me and shoved me to the wall and I glare at her.

"You are not weak-." I shoved her off me but she shoved me back and I glare at her.

"You are going to listen to me Violet, you are not weak, you are not anything bad that you think of, god damn it I don't want to hear those words out of your mouth again, do you understand me?" She asked and I just look at her.

"Do you understand me?" She asked again but I stay quiet and look away from her.

"VI!"

"I'M NOT MAKING A PROMISE I CAN'T KEEP!" I yelled at her and she grabbed my face and made me look at her.

"I... Vi I just don't want to lose you." She says and she let go of my face and then laid her head on my chest and I take my hand and place it on her back and rubbed it gently.

"I feel like shit when I can't help you, that you keep so much from me, for gods sake Violet what happened to you, I would do anything to go back and stop it, and the fact that you kept it from me... I felt like shit." She tells me and I pull her closer to me.

"Clem, I don't want you to feel like you should have helped me, I did it to myself, I fucked up, I'm keeping up this barrier because I have to because if I don't... I feel like a monster." I tell her.

"You aren't-."

"I am... just... let's get back to work or something." I mutter as we pull apart and go looking around. It wasn't till we got into the nurses' office that we find some papers and I look through them.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you." I say and look to Clem who was also looking through a file of her own.

"It's fine." She says and I look at her as she looked back to the file.

"I mean... when I yelled at you... when you brought up Louis." I tell her and she looked back to me.

"I shouldn't have said what I said." I tell her.