We Talk But Argue More

(Violet's Pov)

I was Walking the road away from the Walkers, there was maybe one or two but they didn't bother me as I just kept walking. It took me a good few hours but I finally made it to the mechanic shop where an elderly man stepped out pointing his gun at me and so I stop.

"Who sent you?" He asked.

"Um... a man named Luke said you could help me." I say and he lowered his gun.

"Luke hu? sure, whatcha need?" The man asked.

"You got any motorcycles?" I asked.

"Sure do, what do you have to trade for it?" He asked and I noticed his gun was a shotgun.

"I have some ammo, but I can get more stuff for you." I tell him as I set my bag to the ground and pulled out the ammo for him. He comes up to me and I look to him as he grabbed the ammo and scratches his beard.

"Hmm, anything else in that bag?" He asked and I opened it for him and he looked at some of the items. He grabbed a jacket, some of the seeds I had, and even my spare pistol.

"Mind if I take these?" He asked.

"If I can get the motorcycle, it's yours." I say and he nods.

"Alright.... I'll get you one set up for the lack of your... arm." He says and I nod as he takes me to the vehicles and he grabs some tools.

"It's going to take a while, rest up a bit." He says.

"I'd like to watch, not saying you'll cheat me out f a good bike just... I use to work on vehicles a lot before the accident." I say as I lift my stump up and he nods.

"Sure, been a while since I had someone to talk to anyway." He says and I nod as I take a seat next to him and he got to work. I would hand him some tools that he needed and he took a part of the build he was making and fit it to my stump. Once he got it right, he worked on it some more and we got to talking.

"Guessing a Walker got ya hu?" He asked and I nod.

"Yeah, got me real good." I say and look to my stump.

"Well at least you're alive." He says and I chuckled.

"Sometimes I wish I wasn't.... but... yeah... I guess I'm glad to be alive." I say and hand him a screw and he looks to me.

"Guessing people been making you feel like crap once you lost your arm?" He asked and I think.

"No... no just the opposite actually... I mean they try to help me but I just... if I try to fix a car, they tell me to do something else.... That it would be easier but I just... I don't want to be treated any different you know?" I asked and he laughed.

"Oh, I know." He says and he tapped his leg.

"Lost my leg before all this, I wanted people to treat me like I once was, not what I lost." He says and I nod.

"Right?! I mean sure I get it, getting the plants and stuff from the greenhouse is important, we need food I get it, but I use to fix things with my hands, I worked day in and day out and to be treated as if I can't do what I use to... makes me feel like shit." I tell him and he laughed again.

"Guessing you're a hard worker hu?" He asked.

"As much as I can... helped fixed up my own home, build a bike back to it's formal glory, fixed anything I could that could be fixed." I tell him.

"That's what I like to hear... look over the years especially if this group of yours is considered family, they want what's best for you, do some of the small things and build up to the bigger things, there has to be at least a few other people that could keep a vehicle going." He says and he sets the screwdriver down and looks to his build.