The Truth Hurts Sometimes

(Violets Pov)

The tears kept running down my face and I wipe them away as fast as I could but they still kept going and I stopped trying to dry them. I take a deep breath and shake my head.

"I'm not a good person AJ, I fucked up so badly, I am fucked up, even when you all try to help me, I still can't stop thinking like that, like this." I cried and looked to him.

"And I don't want to think like this, I hate it so much, I want to believe you all but God.... Look at all the shit I've done." I tell him.

"You mean protecting us?" He asked and I look at him confused.

"I didn't-."

"When Joan was doing all that to you, you weren't thinking about yourself, you were thinking about your family, it might not have seemed that way to most people at the time, I get that but... now that I've had the time to actually think about it, you didn't sleep with Joan willingly, she took advantage of you, the fact that she used your fear of losing your family against you... it should make any sane person sick." He tells me and I look down.

"When she had you think that Willy and I were dead, when you were going to shoot yourself... you felt like you would be a monster didn't you?" He asked and I nod a bit.

"You felt depressed at the fact that you lost people you knew, who you not only just grew up with but take care of." He tells me.

"But I shouldn't be act-."

"PTSD is a thing Violet and you have it, others might have had it worse but that doesn't mean your problem shouldn't be taken into account, not everyone was beaten by a mad woman, not everyone was raped by a mad person, not everyone lost their family to a crazed group of people, hell there are people who have killed their own family but expect others to pity them when they just killed their kid or wife because they thought they were dead weight." He tells me and I look at him.

"Violet, you have to listen to us when we say we are worried about you, all of us, god damn it, Clementine feels like shit because you won't stay in the same room as her." He tells me.

"Because I almost stabbed her." I tell him.

"But you didn't do it intentionally, you had your weird hallucinations Clem understands, hell you kept acting like your old self, your personality would change some times and we have to ask you if you know where you are, or hell who you think you are." He tells me and I look down.

"But we know why you do it, and it's ok, because it helps us to help you." He says and I start walking.

"I shouldn't need help." I tell him as he walked next to me.

"Why? Everyone needs help even you." He says.

"Because I'm supposed to be the one people depend on, I'm not supposed to have problems, for gods sake AJ this problem caused me to kill Louis." I tell him.

"So what? He was always an idiot that never thought before he did something." He tells me.

"But I never wanted to hurt him AJ that's what I'm trying to say, I didn't mean to do it, yeah he was an idiot but I never wanted to hurt him, even if he did... probably take her from me." I say and I take a seat on the ground and lean my back against the wall.

"He didn't take her." He says and I rubbed my head.

"I argued with Clem on it... I don't want to talk anymore." I tell him.

"That's fine, we can sit here and then and I can talk to myself." He says and I look to him as he takes a seat next to me and he looked up to the sky.

"I once thought you were a superhero to me." He says to me.