Anger Is Not The Best Medicine

(Clementine's Pov)

I was in the house back in Texas, it was a nice summer day but there was a nice cool breeze that was just perfect to stay outside for hours on end. I was sitting on the porch reading a book when I hear some laughing. I look to the side to see Violet and AJ as they came back through the gate with some rabbits and I get up a bit.

"Hey Clem." Violet says as she comes up to me and kisses my cheek.

"Hey, how was your hunting trip?" I asked.

"Went well, we got some rabbits for dinner, going to teach AJ how to clean them up." She tells me and he nods.

"And Violet said we can grill them." He says and I nod and rubbed his head.

"Mind if I help you two?" I asked.

"Sure, come on." She says as we head into what we call the hunting house, we store some of the meat in here too Violet opens the door to the house and it was the closet and I looked around quickly to see Violet on the floor holding her side. She had blood coming from her mouth and side that it pooled to the ground.

"Fucking hell." She mutters as I quickly go over to her and I moved her shirt to the side to see the bite but it looked way worse than what it originally was. It was like she was bitten several times over and I look up to see her looking at me scared.

"I... I don't want to die." She says so scared.

"It's fine, it's fine you're fine, I can fix this." I say panicked as she takes quick breaths and I see tears in her eyes. She looked so scared.

"I'm going to die." She cried and I hold her to me.

"No, no you aren't we can fix this; I'll fix it ok?" I asked her and she doesn't say anything. I don't know how long we had been sitting here but I look down to her as she shifted a bit and I see her eyes were a milky white and she tried to bite me.

I woke up to the sound of thunder and I quickly shoot up from the couch and looked around the room a bit. I see AJ sleeping on the one couch and Liz on the other with Sasha laying at her feet. I place my hand to my chest as I take some slow breaths and I look to see the rain hitting the glass doors and I rubbed my head a bit. I head over to the window on the side of the house and away from everyone just to see the rain coming down hard and I take a seat to just watch it.

"You, ok?" I hear and look to see Violet who was sitting next to me and I look away back to the rain.

"Alright, no talking got it." She says and I gripped my hair a bit and shake my head. She wasn't supposed to be here, she was not allowed to be here, there is no reason for her to be here.

"You're just scared right now." She says and I keep silent and hold myself a bit.

"It was a nightmare, it's ok to talk about it... you should talk to AJ about it." She tells me and I look to the side a bit to see her looking out at the rain too. Again, she wasn't supposed to be here, God why the hell is she here? Am I dying? No, I feel ok, I wasn't hurt just the thundering sound getting to me. God, I hate storms.

"I don't want to talk to them about it." I tell her. Might as well talk to her or she might stay longer than I want.

"I think you really need to talk to them about it, you haven't been sleeping, for god's sake Clem you drove for days on barely any sleep." She tells me.

"Maybe I don't want to because it's I keep being reminded that you are gone, I talked about you to them, I try to remember the good times, but god damn it every time I close my eyes and sleep, I just keep being reminded of you being bit." I muttered at this and I look at her.