Chapter 1: The visitors

31st October, 2022

Investing all the strength that I had in my body, I forcefully shut my trunk. I wiped away a sweat from my forehead.

This is stupid! This whole Magical Law system is obnoxious! The fact that I'm not able to use magic out of school is just too frustrating for me.

Just imagine how easier the daily tasks would've been! But the dickheaded people have made useless laws.

Atleast, I'm going back to Hogwarts tomorrow. I'll be able to using magic for good....for my own good soon. I couldn't help but feel pleasured at the very thought of it.

Hmm... Did I forget something?

"Y/n." A grave voice called from the other side of the locked door. Oh shit! I ran to answer the door which revealed my mother standing right infront of me, boring her eyes right into mine.

"M-mother-"

"Get dressed. There are guests." She eyed me once and turned around to leave. "Guests?" I called out. Mother stopped her steps.

"Yes. Wear something..... wearable." She climbed down the stairs.

Who the fuck decided to visit us just on the eve of my leave for Hogwarts?! I'm clearly not in the mood to entertain anyone at a family dinner.

But if mother wants it, I have no choice.

~•~

By the time I reach the foot of the stairs, I spot three people already seated at the dinner table. Shit! Don't tell me I'm late-

Fixing my hair once, I hurried to the dining table. "Oh! Y/n, dear!" A woman with pale skin, a pleasant smile and motherly voice welcomed me.

The Jeons?

That is Mrs. Jeon. Wait... Does that mean? "How are you? Y/n?" Mr. Jeon nodded at me. Before I could answer anyone, my mother spoke up, "Why were you late, dear?" Gosh, that creepy smile of my mother sent me chills.

"I..." I couldn't really think of any explanations. "I'm sorry." I hurried to an empty seat that was at the table.

The table was occupied by my mother, my father, Mr. and Mrs. Jeon and their son. Jeon Jungkook.

Jungkook is a 7th year Slytherin senior at Hogwarts. He's also the son of a family friend of ours. He's the heir of the Jeons.

Jungkook has brownish black hair, along with big brown doe eyes that one cannot resist. His front teeth makes him resemble a bunny.

He looked down. He kept staring at his lap as if he was just a corpse sitting there. He had blanked out.

"Are you done packing for tomorrow, Y/n?" Mrs. Jeon pleasantly said. "Yes." I kept my answer short.

"Look at you all grown up! I remember you as a little kid running around. Now, you're a 6th year student!" Mrs. Jeon exclaimed. Yeah, and what about it? I wanted to say.

But I didn't.

My mother would do stuff you can't even imagine.

"Yeah..." I replied. "Don't you remember, dear? How she would come running into my arms everytime she saw me when she was a kid?" Mrs. Jeon urged her husband to agree. Who just flashed a very brief smile.

This woman is annoying.

"I think we should stop beating around the bush." My mother sipped from the goblet of red wine that she held.

"Yes. Y/n, we have something extremely crucial to discuss with you." My dad finally spoke for the first time this evening.

"And it is?" I'm having an unpleasant suspicion.