Chapter 23: Library

16th April 2023

"This date is boring." I pout as I rest my head on the table infront of me,stultified. "This is not a date." Taehyun said from the other side, sternly. "Then why did you ask me to come?" I replied, stubbornly.

Taehyun sighed and gently set aside his book.

"I did not." He affirmed. "I told you that I was going to the library to study as the exams are approaching and I clearly warned you not to follow me here as I love my personal space. But you replied..."

Taehyun cleared his throat. "'FUCK YOU KANG TAEHYUN I'LL DO WHAT I WANT' and tailed me here."He said, in a loud whisper.

I wearily lifted my head and turned to Taehyun with worn out eyes.

"Let's leave, uh? It's such a exquisite Sunday morning and. You want to waste it here?!" I tried to persuade him. "Let's go out somewhere and have som fun?"

"No." He replied gravely.

I whined, annoyed. This man is impossible! "Whyyyy?" I wailed.

"Because. If you haven't noticed it Y/n Avery, the exams are nearing. You should study too." Taehyun sounded concern. "No they're not!" I said as I tried to recall the date of our exams. "It's in June!!! There's the sweet time of over a month." I whimpered.

"It won't hurt you to be a little prepared, will it?" Taehyun said.

"You're so boring!" I scoffed, dramatically. "We'll spend the evening uh... doing whatever you want. Study for now, uh?" Taehyun spoke as if he was talking to a little child. Pathetic.

"Whatever." I obstinately leaned back on my chair.

Taehyun resumed to focus on his books. Such a nerd! He looks kinda cute while being so absorbed in some work. Yeah, maybe I should let him study. Unintentionally, I found myself smiling while staring at him.

Suddenly, I noticed Ivy entering the Library accompanied by Caspian. Her eyes fell on me as well. I diverted my gaze. She, on the other hand, turned around abruptly and suggested Caspian that they should leave and tugged Caspian away with herself.

She hates even my presence now?

Sluggishly, I pulled a book of Taehyun's and hid my head in it. Taehyun smiled, assuming I'm studying, though his eyes were completely focused on the books he held open.

~•~

"So, where are we going?" Taehyun curiously asked as we strolled along the lake. Without answering verbally, I pulled him to a tree that stood tall beside the lake. We settled in it's shade.

"My sister is getting married." Taehyun suddenly announced. "What?" I shrieked. "My older sister... she's getting married." He repeated. "Oh...when?" I questioned, invested.

"This summer. My mom owled me this morning." He replied. "You didn't tell me!" I accused him, knowingly. "We were at the library ever since then, weren't we?" Taehyun answered.

"I guess I'm not invited?" I teased him.

"As if your mother will allow you to come." Taehyun turned serious. "You have studied me well over the past few months,eh?" I smirked.

Taehyun giggled.

"However, if you manage to sneak in, I can just introduce you as my friend to the guests." He induced. "I'm not your friend, Kang Taehyun." I shrieked, offended.

"It's better to introduce me as your girlfriend, isn't it?" I smirked leaning in towards him. "Oh really?" He leaned in flirtatiously as well. I nodded.