Chapter 9: Gryffindor vs Slytherin

12th November 2022

"Slytherin is playing you know." I complained as I marched into the Clock Tower where the Ravenclaw wizard was settled on the stairs.

It's the first Quidditch match of the year. Gryffindor vs Slytherin. I wasn't much interested in the game. But, Slytherin should be triumphed at all costs. Moreover, both of my friends were in the Quidditch team. Caspian is one of the chasers and Ivy is the seeker.

While on the way to the Quidditch ground, this little 2nd year Slytherin boy came up to me and delivered a letter.

Owls are used to deliver letters only during the breakfast. So, Taehyun used manual post. Hmm.... Smart.

He summoned me to the Clock Tower, mentioning that he made some progress on the mission. Though unwilling, curiousity drove me here instead of the Quidditch match.

After that incident at Hogsmeade, Taehyun didn't talk to me again. He ignored me during lessons no matter what insult I threw at him. And out of the blue, he sent for me.

"Why? Were you anticipating to watch your future husband play instead?" He snapped. I smirked. Well, Jungkook is the Slytherin Quidditch team's captain as well as a beater.

"Well in fact, I was." I slyly said, perching beside him on the stair. "If you called for me to waste my time, I assure that you'll regret it." I warned him.

"Sirius didn't find a way to get out of the marriage." Taehyun completely ignored my threat. It seemed as if the Hogsmeade incident slipped off his mind as well.

"Then?" I asked, uninterested.

"I discovered that it was Narcissa instead, who somehow managed to get out of the marriage." He explained. "However, mind you that, it wasn't Narcissa who found the way. Instead, someone had leant her a plan."

I rolled my eyes. "Did you uncover the way?" Taehyun hesitated but continued. "I did not. But, I'm getting close to it." He reasoned.

"So, you've wasted my precious time." I reached out for my wand. "Don't try to pull out your wand." He suddenly jumped to his feet. "Why are you always so violent all the time?" Taehyun suddenly extended a hand towards me.

Puzzled, I observed his hand if it was a trick.

With his usual cold and blank expression, Taehyun kept his hand extended in the air. Oh.... He was offering it to me to help me straighten up. It suddenly made me awkward. I scoffed and slapped his hand away. I rose up on my own.

Taehyun nodded to himself at the rejection of his hand pulled it back. "Some of my friends are playing as well." Taehyun said.

"No one asked." I snapped.

I strolled to the exit of the Clock Tower. And... Taehyun kept pacing beside me. "What?!" I turned abruptly to him, still walking. "What? I'm going to watch the match as well." Taehyun said, in a casual voice.

I didn't say anything further.

"You'll get the next update on the day of the next match." Taehyun said. I didn't reply. He can just rely everything to me when he's done. However, I don't hate this method wholly as I'm aware that he's working on it.

"Why do you want to get out of the marriage?" Taehyun suddenly asked.

"I don't." I said, truthfully. "So, you fancy Jungkook?" Taehyun questioned. I just provided him with a death glare that was enough to take back his words. "okay, so, you don't fancy Jungkook. What's the matter then?"

Do we have that sort of relationship? To share our feelings.

We don't. Nevertheless, something about this windy and cold wintery atmosphere of mid-November in the absence of the Sun, just made it feel so right to tell it to him.

"I come from a pure-blood family..." I started. "I know that." Taehyun said. I shot another glare at him. "Please continue." He raised both his hands as a gesture of surrendering.

"We're supposed to marry another pure-blood so as to keep our pure bloodline intact. So, I don't really care who I marry as I am aware that I'm destined to marry a pure-blood anyway. So, Jungkook or any other pure-blood, it doesn't matter. However, Jungkook loves someone else. He has this secret girlfriend whose name he resisted on keeping a secret. He way he was so hesitant. She's probably a half-blood or even worse, a filthy mudblood. That too from another house, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff or in the worst scenario, Gryffindor." I explained.

"You are too prejudiced, aren't you?" Taehyun asked. I turned to him, puzzled. "Always dividing people based on their blood status and house." He added.

"That's what I've been taught and I take pride in my blood purity." I looked forward, proud.

"But, at last, we're all humans, aren't we?" When I turned back to him, he was intensely staring into my eyes. There was something so poise about his presence yet him staring at me in that way made me awkward and turn away.

Before I could counteract his statement with any insult, Taehyun spoke again quickly. "If a vampire or werewolf isn't hiding amongst us." It made me chuckle a little. Taehyun laughed along with me.

"It's the first time I've witnessed you laughing happily." Taehyun said after his laughter died out.

I instantly put on a blank expression. It was the first time in a while I've noticed myself laughing so happily as well. The thing to be noted is that his joke wasn't even funny.

I was ready with some terrible slanders, we had already reached the Quidditch ground. Oh, the journey turned out to be shorter than I thought. "Taehyun!! Where have you been?" Beomgyu leapt up to Taehyun and dragged him away, completely brushing aside my existence.

Good. I don't want to talk to that snobbish shit either.

I went to the Quidditch Stands to the Slytherins.

~•~

"YOU HORRIBLE DICKHEAD!!!" I threw the pillow of my bed somewhere across the room. I grabbed my hair in frustration and screamed angrily into another pillow.

"Gosh, girl, you got rejected or something?" I heard an undisturbed voice. I turned around to encounter Ivy leaning onto the doorframe with her arms folded staring at me.

"I did something awful!!!"

"And what is it? Did you snog some half-blood or anything?" Ivy walked up to my bed in a leisurely pace.

In comparison to me losing my mind over her, she seems awfully calm.

"I- I OVERSHARED!! TO THAT ARSE!! I TOLD HIM- AHH I SHOULDN'T HAVE TOLD HIM ABOUT THE JUNGKOOK THING- IT WAS PRIVATE BUT WHAT GOT ONTO ME I DON'T KNOW BUT I JUST-"

"Shhhh, calm down." Ivy took a seat on my bed beside me and soothingly rested her hand on my shoulder. Suddenly footsteps were heard again along with two voices chattering excitedly.

Both of us turned to the door at the same time. Thea and Zoe froze right at the doorframe with their eyes widened with shock. "The fuck are y'all looking at?! Get the fuck out of our sight before I make you lose your sight forever!! Can't you see we're not really in the mood to deal with you?? Foul little cockroaches!" Ivy yelled at them.

Both of them hurried away, hastily.

It made me snigger. They deserve it. Ivy took in a long breath and turned to me with a serene expression. "Who is it? I reckon it can't be that bad, right?"

"It's....uh... Taehyun... That half-blood from Ravenclaw." I hesitated.

Her hand fell off from my shoulder. Her face was appalled. She stared at me with shock and disdain.

"Oh, this is really bad."