Chapter 19: A Messy Room

I gulped down, suspicious of what Taehyun has in bag for me now.

"I apologise I bursted out in such a way." He did seem guilty. "I just... I don't know where to start."

I didn't say anything.

All I wanted to do right now is to listen to him. Is it wrong?

"I....I like you Y/n. No, not since the kiss. Since almost our 4th year. I always believed that this was just a little crush that would be over in no time. However it did not. I kept on liking you." He what?!

"I didn't help you to get you out of your marriage because you came across me and Delphini. I could easily erase your memories. I did that because I didn't want to see you marry anyone else."

"I know this is all weird and unbelievable. But Y/n, this is all true. I had no clue how to approach you. We were never exactly friends, were we? We never got on each other's good terms, did we? But even though we've seen the worst of each other, I still like you the same."

"I wouldn't gainsay that the kiss was a milestone. The kiss made me want to confess. It made me attain some sort of courage. To tell you everything. But you were avoiding me for the past month. You'd run away everytime I tried to talk to you. Well, leaving all this aside...."

Taehyun stared down at me with firm eyes.

"Y/n Avery, would you care to do me the favour to be your boyfriend?"

My heart skipped a beat. I was out of words.

"It's alright if you reject me right here. I just wanted to speak out my heart. You're on loose to avoid me for the rest of your life. I mean, I'm all aware how much you care about blood purity and you probably dislike me and if-"

I've had enough. I leapt to hang my arms around his shoulder, to hug him tight. "Ofcourse, you nerd!!" I laughed in happiness.

I was fearing this moment for nothing. I was almost overcome with tears of joy. Everything just turned out for the good.

Though astound at first, freezing on the spot, it didn't take Taehyun long to hug me back. I could feel him giggling on my shoulder. His heart beating next to mine.

He lifted my feet off from the ground and gave me a spin in the air before settling me back carefully on the ground, all while both of us were giggling for no reason.

"Yes, Kang Taehyun, I'd grant you the favour to be my boyfriend!" I grinned at him.

He beamed back at me.

But it didn't take him long to change his expression to that of a person who has seen a ghost. "What?" I snapped. "Y/n..." He started.

"Our class!! Transfiguration... we're probably..." Taehyun expeditiously pulled out a pocket watc and glanced at it for a few seconds before turning back to me with the same horrified expression. "We're late." He declared while shoving the pocket watch back into his pocket.

"Oh shit." I hissed.

Taehyun hastily grasped my wrist again and broke into a run after we had hurried out of the classroom, pulling me with himself. "I hope McGonagall is in a good mood." I state.

"Professor, McGonagall." Taehyun corrected me, giving me a quick glance.

Nerd.

After we had reached our destination, Taehyun carefully knocked on the door, hesitant. Shortly after, th door was opened and McGonagall stood infront of us, eyeing us dubiously.

"That's right. I was exactly waiting for the two of you. Where have you two been?" Her hawk-like eyes travelled from me to Taehyun. This time we didn't have any words. We were actually kind of together this time.