Chapter 8: The Hog's head

1st October 2022

Today is the Hogsmeade weekend. The first Hogsmeade weekend of the term. I'm accompanied by Caspian and Ivy. We're having butterbeer at The Three Broomsticks while having some fun.

'Furnunculus.'

I hexed another Gryffindor 3rd year. We're having an exhilarating little competition of who can hex the most students present here in The Broomsticks.

Caspian has successfully jinxed four, Ivy has done three and this was my fourth one.

That Gryffindor 3rd year boy bounced in panic and sprinted out, yelling. It made me cackle. We take a little break before deleting our next victim.

"You know." Caspian started. Ivy and I turned our attention to him, gesturing him to continue. "About this.... news going on and about..."He proceeded. "News?" I didn't quite get it.

"The Voldemort's son thing..." Caspian replied. "Oh, don't tell me believe it as well!" I scoffed. "I don't want to. But," Caspian leaned in, his tone of speaking darkened. "What if there's actually someone."

"Who in the right state of mind would sleep with that hideous grandsire?" Ivy reasoned. Caspian leaned back on his seat. "May I remind you that Tom Riddle was actually bewitching." Caspian argued back.

"Yeah, he's right tho. If we take a look at Tom Riddle's old photos during his times at Hogwarts, he was quite attractive." I took a sip of my butterbeer.

"So, you're telling me, he must have shagged someone during his time at Hogwarts? In the boy's dormitory? That's gross." Ivy retched.

"Don't tell me that you think people don't shag in the dormitories." Caspian snorted. "Why do you do it?" Ivy asked, deadpan. "Why? Would you like to join?" Caspian leaned in towards her.

Ivy shifted away from him. "That's obnoxious."

This little show of theirs made me snort a little.

"So, if Voldemort's son was produced during his time at Hogwarts, why do people think he would be attending Hogwarts at this time. The guy would be old now." I reasoned, getting back to the topic.

"Hmm you're right. So if his son is attending Hogwarts now, the son must've been produced before his death by the hands of Potter. But that happened-" Caspian's mind wondered in thought.

"In 1998." Ivy answered it for him.

"No! There's no possible way that he's attending Hogwarts right now." Caspian's expression suddenly darkened. "Unless, the Dark Lord is back."

"He was killed. Caspian." I reminded him.

"Even if he is back, his son would appear to be different as compared to the normal humans. He'd have his unique looks. And none in the campus do." I concluded. 

"Except you, probably." Ivy nudged Caspian. I snorted at his insult and high-fived Ivy. "You're quite valiant to have the nerve to insult this face." Caspian scoffed dramatically.

"Oh shut it." Ivy rolled her eyes. "May I remind you I get any girl to warm my bed." Caspian protested, like a kid. "You're nothing but a prostitute." Ivy calmly said.

"You-"

My eyes steadily travelled out of the window of The Three Broomsticks. I spot someone familiar.

Taehyun.

He didn't have any company. He was glancing around, as if making sure if anyone was noticing him. Hmmm... Interesting.

"Stay here. Or get lost if y'all want to. Just don't you dare follow me. I have something to deal with." Leaving some butterbeer towards the bottom of the mug, I jumped out of my seat. I slammed my share of the total payment and sprinted out of the pub before any of them couldn't utter a word.

Hopefully, they don't follow me.

I started following Taehyun. He hadn't travelled much farther till I get out of the pub and I was successfully tailing him. He cautiously stepped into the Hog's Head.

Hmm...

I stood outside for a few minutes before I too went in hiding behind a huge unfamiliar man.

What drove me here? Curiousity. Probably. I just wanted to find another excuse to threaten the shit out of him.

The moment I stepped in, I instantly spotted him towards the corner table, sitting across that exact woman I encountered that night at the Astronomy tower.

After ordering a butterbeer so that the owner doesn't start complaining about how I was spending my leisure time here without making any purchase, I take a seat on one of the stools stood by the counter.

The pub was almost empty. There we around 5 people other than me.

I sat with my back inclined against the counter so that I could keep an eye on Taehyun and that unknown girl.

They were involved in a deep conversation.

Sometimes he spoke for a good amount of time. Sometimes she did the same. I didn't bother to hide myself. I just wished to threaten Taehyun.

The girl's facial contortions made it seem like she was arguing with him. Taehyun ran a hand through his silky black hair, in frustration.

I could sense him groaning and whilst doing all that his eyes landed on me. They went wide in shock soon after. I smirked as a response and tossed the glass in the air as a gesture of mocking a greeting.

Leaving the puzzled girl seated there, Taehyun leapt up and dashed towards me. While I sat here, sipping my butterbeer, unnerved.

I noticed that he pulled out his wand. Keeping the mug of butterbeer on the counter, I did the same.

He pressed the tip of his wand against my neck. It did sting a little but it wasn't unbearable. I lifted my head up a little, sneering down at his heated pair of eyes.

"What do you think you're doing here?" He said, bitterly. "Enjoying your little date, weren't you?" Through the corner of my eyes I saw the girl escaping from the pub. A coward? Isn't she?

"You followed me." Taehyun grunted. "I did." I said, indifferently.

"Stay out of it." He replied, grudgingly. "What if I don't?" I sniggered.

'Oblivia-'
'Pestis Incen-'

'EXPELLIARMUS'

The owner of the pub disarmed both of us. It resulted in us ending up on the floor. "If you want to scrag each other, you're in complete liberty to do that. However, not in my pub. Get lost." The owner said, roughly, putting away his wand.

Taehyun irritably snatched his wand, and left without any second glance.

He hates me a lot, doesn't he? Oh this is so fun. I grabbed my wand as well. I paid for my butterbeer and exited the pub,being aware of the eyes of the customers on me.

'Aquamenti'

I drenched the owner of the pub in water. It wasn't courteous how he acted towards me. I don't accept such behaviour from anyone and shut the door after me.

Taehyun's tiny figure was hardly visible among the flock of students wandering here and there.

I snickered to myself before starting on my journey back to Hogwarts. Enough exploration of the village for one day. Caspian and Ivy must've left as well.

On my way back, I couldn't help but wonder about what's going on with Taehyun and that girl. Why is he hiding his affair? They don't look good together ofcourse. I mean both of them are upright ugly.

However....

Taehyun was so keen to keep his secret. He was even willing to help me out.

Speaking of helping out, tho he says that he's helping me out, he has yet not made any progress in his mission. Isn't he a Ravenclaw. I thought he was smart.

Scoff.

Pathetic