Chapter 10: Remus Lupin

29th November, 2022

"So, it was Remus Lupin?!" I asked, unable to believe the information that Taehyun relied to me as we were seated on those stairs of the Clock Tower.

"Yes." Taehyun nodded.

"It was Remus Lupin, you know that friend of Sirius...you know, right?" Taehyun glanced at me. I rolled my eyes. "Ofcourse I do." I scoffed.

"Yeah. So, it was Remus Lupin who somehow came up with a scheme with probably some help from the library to break off the marriage between Sirius Black and his cousin, Narcissa Black. But the trouble here is that I still can't figure it out how exactly he managed to do that."

I didn't want to complain about how he had called for me yet again without any noteworthy progress.

"I'll talk to you again next month then, once after I manage to discover how Remus Lupin regulate the issue and on our last meet, I'll direct you by telling when, where and what exactly you should do." Taehyun explained.

I nodded.

Taehyun snatched his bag that was beside him and was about to leap up when I spoke again. "Why are you literally dying to keep my mouth shut so you can keep your relationship private?"

Taehyun let go of his bag slowly and sighed. "Delphini is not my girlfriend."   I blinked twice. I might've heard that wrong. "Excuse me?" "Delphini is not my girlfriend." Taehyun repeated.

"Who's she then?"

"She's.....just someone I want to help. Someone I want to keep a secret." Taehyun turned to me with soft eyes. "I don't love her. I just want to help her." He said.

"What if I betray you and your private secret is revealed to the world?" I smirked, maintaining the eye contact. "You wouldn't, I know." Taehyun flashed a shallow smile, his eyes not leaving mine.

It suddenly felt so awkward. This.. this is weird. I couldn't look into his eyes anymore. Instinctively, I averted my gaze to my lap. Though I was completely aware that Taehyun hadn't turned away.

"You're saying you trust me?" I scoffed.

"I do."

Wait- no. That's not the response I intended to have. What do I do now? "You shouldn't trust Slytherins without second thoughts. Who knows when I might stab you in the back?" After gathering myself, I turned back to him, meeting his calm brown eyes again.

"I trust you."

"You shouldn't."

"I know. But I do."

"I thought you were smart." I scoffed, turning away again. I'm recently unable to look into Taehyun's eyes for a much longer time. It just makes me.... uncomfortable.

"I know you won't make me regret my decision of trusting you." Taehyun said, calmly. This is weird. I want to escape. Why would he trust me?? "Found any clue on Jungkook's girlfriend yet?" Taehyun changed the topic. I was glad that he did so.

"No... I'm quite disappointed. I did follow him multiple times but I was just disappointed." I have no clue what's making me overshare everytime we exchange words.

But...at the moment it feels so right.

Though I regret it later.

"It's getting late." Taehyun stared out into the nature. It was slowly getting darker. "We should go back to our common rooms." He suggested. I jumped onto my feet.

"Yeah, I reckon you wouldn't want to be spotted with me." I sniggered. Taehyun rose up as well. "I'm already bestowed death glares for helping you out." Taehyun said, truthfully. "Your house hates Slytherins, don't they?" I started my steps.