Chapter 34: Endangered

15th May, 2023

"Can't she leave now?" Taehyun suggested.

"The way has been sealed for fearing further intrusion." McGonagall replied. "However, Miss Avery, you may just use the Floo powder here." She added, giving a quick glance to the fireplace.

"Yes yes, Y/n, go now!" Taehyun gave me a gentle shove.

"Wait, Mr. Kang. We're fully aware that the death-eaters will go after her. No matter where she hides." McGonagall announced. Oh... So I am in danger now. Great.

I now know how stupid Harry Potter must've felt with everyone being overly concerned.

"I'm assuming you still have your time-turner with you?" McGonagall hesitated.

Should I lie? I should lie.

"She does." Taehyun interrupted. This bitch-

"We must destroy it." McGonagall declared. "Excuse me?" I blinked a few times,taking in the sudden information.

"Miss Avery, they're after the time-turner so that they can kill Harry Potter and change history. I won't interrogate how you got a hold of the time-turner. However, the ministry has asked us to destroy it as soon as possible and you'll be out of danger. Please hand it over." Her words were completely respectful, yet stern.

"No!!" I shrieked.

"I've earned it!" I protested. "I ain't just gonna give up on it!" Taehyun held me by my shoulders and gave me a dramatic shake. "Do you realise what situation we're in?! Stop being so stubborn and selfish!"

"Says the fool who was willing to change history for charity." I snapped as anger rose inside me. How dare he speak to me like that.

Taehyun didn't answer.

He knew he was guilty. He knew it was his fault. He didn't bicker back. Instead, he roughly snatched the time-turner off my neck without speaking anything.

I tried to get a hold of it. But he made sure to keep it out of my reach. I was about to throw an insult at him when the fireplace suddenly made some noise and figures leapt out of it.

My mother.

Father.

The minister of magic

Harry Potter.

Ron Weasley.

Ginny Potter.

As around 5-7 people tailed behind them. I think they're Aurors. "They are more than expected." McGonagall turned her attention to her ex-students as soon as she saw them. They emerged into a discussion.

My mother rushed to me.

She seemed concerned and worried. It's the first time that I've seen my mother be so... motherly. She seems to care genuinely. It almost made me emotional.

She held me gently by my shoulders. Taehyun stepped aside, giving us privacy. My mother bent down a little, staring into my eyes. She spoke gently.

"Where's your brother?"

Ofcourse.

My brother. Why would she even bother the slightest about me. All she wants to ensure is Levi's safety. "He's probably fine. I saw him leave with the rest of the Slytherins." I prompted.

"PROBABLY?!" She shrieked. "You're older!! You should've made sure your brother is alright!"

"I'm sorry, mother." I lost all my confidence all of a sudden.