Chapter 31: Severus Snape

14th May, 2023

I was the one sitting on a desk closest to the door. Hence, I had to attend to whoever was knocking. I went to the door and opened it steadily and there stood a man, towering me.

A thin man with sallow skin, a large, hooked nose, and yellow, uneven teeth. He had shoulder-length, greasy black hair which frames his face, and cold, black eyes. He wore black, flowing robes.

Severus Snape.

I've seen portraits of him.

He is alive?! Just how much changes a slight intrusion can do.

"Miss. Avery." He peeked inside the classroom. "I perhaps, assume all of you are already aware that such a gathering is forbidden. Yet, all of you decide to go against the Headmistress?"

I glanced back for some help.

I didn't know what to reply.

Taehyun wasted no time to walk over. "You work for the Order. We are aware." Snape's face had a brief look of surprise before it turned blank again.

"I have no idea what you're talking about. Mr. Kang. Now, if you may, then please scatter yourselves." Snape said in a grave tone. "We know you work for Dumbledore." Yeonjun came over as well.

"Mr. Choi, I think you forgot. But, Dumbledore is dead." Snape said, grimly. "Dumbledore requested you to kill him. We know everything." Taehyun prompted. Snape was about to say something when I decided to interrupt him.

"We know about Lily. Lily Potter, or maybe how you remember her as Lily Evans."

This time, Snape had an evident change of expression. He looked around hastily and then hurried inside, shoving me aside. He casted some spells on the door before joining in.

"How did you know?" Snape gave me a shake by holding my shoulders.

He seemed like a lunatic.

"Professor, please. Let's have a discussion." Taehyun pleaded. Snape turned to him and eyed him suspiciously before letting go of me and adjusting his black robes.

"How did you know?" He asked in general to the room.

"It's a long story...." Taehyun started.

Taehyun elucidated the whole situation to Snape. From the start to the end, leaving nothing out. After he was done with expounding, he inquired about the situation after letting Snape know what we already are aware of thanks to Hyunjin.

"So... You are telling me there's an alternate universe where everything has a positive outcome?" He questioned in a staid tone.

Everyone nodded.

Snape seemed to be deep in thought as if he was sceptical if he should trust us or not. "Professor, who is Augurey?  We've heard the name from Hyunjin but the person doesn't exist, originally." Yeonjun raised a question.

"Oh, that, Augurey is what people call The Dark Lord's daughter." Snape answered, absent-mindedly. "WHAT?!" All of us shrieked almost at the same time.

The Dark Lord has a daughter?! The rumour back in our time when everyone was accusing each other that they're The Dark Lord's daughter flashed in my mind. People were also suspecting Caspian...oh Caspian, I hope they're okay here.

They will be, they're pure-bloods.

Everything will be okay in the end.

However, the rumour wasn't completely untrue. The Dark Lord did have a descendant. The only difference was that it wasn't a son, but a daughter. A daughter who goes by the name of Augurey.