Chapter 4: Middle of the night

4th September, 2022

I lie in my bed, sleepless. The term starts from tomorrow. We've spent these days with utmost freedom. We'll be stuck again with schoolwork starting from the very next day.

I hate it.

I hope dawn doesn't even arise.

I glance at the clock that was in the room. It was past midnight. The light snores of Thea and Zoe, my dorm-mates could be heard.

We're not technically allowed to exit the common room before 6 in the morning. But apparently, who cares? I'm getting married to a guy who loves someone else in 2 years, what could be worse?

I jumped out of my bed and exited the dorm, making sure I don't wake anyone up.

It's not any care for those wanker Half-bloods, scared that they'd wake up.

I just don't want to encounter any questions from Ivy, who's also my dorm-mate and is probably sleeping.

I climbed out of the common room. I just have to avoid Filch and Mrs. Norris. Not a difficult task. I've been doing that for quite some time now.

Hmm... Let's see where I should go. I haven't visited the astronomy tower. Let's rely a favour onto it by gifting my presence.

On my way to the astronomy tower, I noticed that the hallways were completely deserted. I couldn't help but be satisfied with the absence of those filthy mudbloods roaming around. Hogwarts would've been a much better place to attain education without them.

I don't get it.

Why are they even given a chance to learn magic? I personally believe that the honour to learn and use magic should be relied only to the pure-bloods.

Even the half-bloods shouldn't be provided the opportunity.

But those hideous mudbloods. They make my blood boil for unknown reasons.

I realised I've reached the Astronomy tower while being lost in the thoughts of becoming the Headmistress of Hogwarts someday and chasing away all the mudbloods.

I was about to get through the door when I heard muffled noises, as if someone was talking. I thought students weren't supposed to be out of beds at this hour.

I quickly pasted my back to the wall by the door and slightly parted the door, making sure I wasn't causing any sound. I peeped through the little gap.

The area was dimly lit with two people standing there and having a conversation.

One was a male, another was a female. I shifted, to get a better view. One was surely a student. I caught the sight of the student. Wait- eh??

It was that tosser from Ravenclaw. Taehyun.

He was talking to a female that I failed to recognise. She definitely wasn't a student. She wasn't wearing the uniform robes. I haven't seen her around in all my years of studying here. I don't remember Hogwarts allowing strangers into the school that too in the middle of the night.

I always knew this bloody school was of no good. 'Hogwarts is the safest place' my arse.

The girl seemed to be in her twenties. She had long hair that was of a silvery colour with blue tips. She wasn't much appealing. However, a noticable feature of hers was a tattoo of black Augurey wings on her back near her neck.

Taehyun seemed to be having a deep conversation with the girl.

I brought my ear nearer to the gap, trying my best to catch their words.