Chapter 33: The Second Battle of Hogwarts

15th May, 2023

We kept tailing Slughorn to God knows where. "psst." A Slytherin caught up to me. It was Jennie, from the 7th year. We weren't close but were acquainted.

"Hey." I replied, not to enthusiastic.

"Heard you wanted to go grab your trunk." She said. "That tosser isn't letting me." I glared at Slughorn who was ushering the students at the front of the line.

"I have some belongings in the dormitory as well. I was thinking to go as well. So was he." She said, as another 7th year Min Yoongi caught up to us. "Wanna join? We'll leave soon after."

I shrugged.

Yeah, getting my trunk would be better. The war isn't any of my concern anyway.

I shrugged. Without Slughorn noticing, we managed to decamp out of the crowd and make our way towards the dungeons. To the Slytherin common room. We didn't have the slightest trouble getting in.

All of us, without having any unnecessary conversation, grabbed our thinks and met again at the common room.

"I can't bear if my precious stuff gets vandalized." Jennie exclaimed as we exited the common room. As we strolled through the hallway back, I think I caught a glimpse of Yeonjun sprinting in the opposite intersection of the hallway.

"Hey! Where do we go out of anyway?" I called out to Jennie and Yoongi, stopping my feet.

"The room of requirement. There's some passage to Hog's Head or something." Jennie replied, stopping her tracks as well. "On the seventh floor." Yoongi added.

"Y'all can go ahead, I have some stuff to be taken care of." I curtly glanced at the direction where I caught the glimpse of Yeonjun. Jennie seemed to dither whether to leave or stay. "Don't worry, I'll catch up." I assured.

"If you say so... Anything happens to you, it's not our fault." Jennie asserted. "Ofcourse." I replied, confidently. "Don't die." Yoongi stated and both of them sprinted away, their trunks with them.

I shrunk my trunk into something of the size of my time-turner and pushed it deep into my pocket before proceeding to dart towards my destination.

Seems like Yeonjun is staying too.

But where has he gone?

I run through the marooned hallways, not even one sight of Yeonjun or any of his friends. I explored different areas. However, I wasn't successful in finding them.

Eventually...my jog slowed down into a stroll until it halted entirely as I overcome by the thought of...what am I doing? Why am I doing this? This war is none of my concern. I must leave. Who am I even going for? Taehyun? He lied to me.

This is pathetic. I am pitiable.

Where's my self-respect gone to?

I should leave. The war isn't any of my problem. It never was. I made up my mind to leave the school.

"Miss Avery."

A grim voice called out from somewhere ahead of me. I realised that I had reached the end of a hallway and infront of me there stood a wall. But the wall wasn't empty. A portrait was hung on the wall.

Severus Snape with his greasy hair.

"Miss Avery, isn't it?" He repeated.

"Yes?" I never gotten this close to Snape's portrait alone. "Oh, I assumed you were someone else when you did not bother to react to your name being called out." Snape said. I knew it was sarcasm.