Chapter 7: Sirius and Narcissa Black

9th September 2022

"I didn't expect you to come up with a solution this quickly. Oh nerdy boy, you've got the brains." I take a seat beside Taehyun who had a few books scattered around, sitting on the stairs in the clock tower.

"I didn't." He stated, not averting his eyes from the book that he held open on his lap.

"Excuse me?" I scoffed. "You dared to summon me while you've made no progress at all? You arse-" But Taehyun interrupted.

"Who says I made no progress at all? I'll be informing you the progress I make at the end of every two weeks." Taehyun diverted his gaze to me. It was suddenly so awkward to look at him in the eye that I turned away.

I cleared my throat.

"You better have made some significant development." I peeked into the book that he held. He adjusted it a little so that I could have a view of the contents better.

"With some help from the-"

"Library." I finished the sentence for him. I think I had a glimpse of the edges of his mouth leaping up. I probably saw it wrong.

"Yeah." He cleared his throat. "I found out that this arranged marriage thing is a custom in pure-blood families-"

I cut in. "Duh? Which dimwitted dickhead doesn't know that?" "Let me continue. Will you?" He frowned, keeping his eyes fixed on the pages of the book.

"Parents even forced siblings and cousins to get married to each other to sustain their blood purity. Comparing your situation to it, it's not even that bad." Taehyun said in a know-it-all tone.

I yawned dramatically.

Who the fuck doesn't know that.

Taehyun shot a glare at me with fierce eyes. "Just get to the point. I don't enjoy leisure time with filthy half-bloods. Stop beating around the bush before I hex you." I was bored.

Taehyun ignored my threat. "However. History has traces of a number of people who didn't want to get arranged into a marriage were successful in getting out of it." He sounded like Binns.

"And how?" I wasn't interested in his history lesson. Can't he just get to the point?

"Well some of them actually killed themselves." Taehyun said, casually. "You're telling me to die?" I asked.

"Ofcourse not. Well, so, I surfed through many books but they don't really have much records of the process for all of them. I mean you can't possibly kill yourself, ran away from home, kill the other one, kill your parents, fake your death, erase your parents memories because there are probably many people involved. But... I have some cases where people managed to get out of it without performing any of the previously mentioned deeds." He really sounds like a professor.

"Such one example of cousins being forced to marry each other was in the early 1970s when it was decided that Sirius Black would have to marry his cousin Narcissa Black when he was in his early years in Hogwarts. But clearly Narcissa was interested in Lucius Malfoy while Sirius was a kid at that time and evidently did want to marry anyone. And hence, he managed to get out of it." Taehyun stopped his speech and turned to me, expecting a response.

"And how?" I snapped.

"Good question. That's not clear yet. But I believe we've got time. I only called you to give a brief about what I've found out so far." Taehyun said.

"So, in the end. There was no progress at all?" I scoffed. "This is a progress. Woman." Taehyun gathered the books around him and shoved them into his bag.