Chapter 24: Wine

22nd April 2023

"You've got to be kidding me!" I exclaimed, dismayed. "I'm not!" Taehyun implied. I almost fell back, cracking up.

We're back to our usual spot again. Our spot. The Clock Tower. Something about this place just feels so cozy to me.

It was dark outside. After having our dinner, we decided to meet up for some time.

"You seriously haven't consumed any alcohol in your entire life?" I asked, in incredulity. Taehyun just shook his head as a response as he shifted bashfully.

I was showing this wine that I had stolen from my home during Christmas to savour alone. But now, I had other plans. As I exhibited the bottle of wine to Taehyun, he disclosed that he had never had alcohol in his entire life.

The closest to any alcohol he has been to is Butter'beer' which isn't even actual beer.

"Let's try this!" I suggested, excited all of a sudden, shaking the bottle in the air. "What? No!" Taehyun, who was sitting beside me leaned away juddering his hands, as a gesture of refusal.

"Why not? What could go wrong? Let's try it!" I insisted.

"You have tried this before, haven't you?" Taehyun implied. "Yeah. I've drunk with my family. They don't really mind." I shrugged. "Yeah, they were ready to marry off their daughter for blood purity, ofcourse they didn't mind." Taehyun muttered.

I summoned two wine goblets from the kitchen. I shifted, making some gap between me and Taehyun and charily settled the two goblets.

"What do you say?" I grinned up at Taehyun.

"...Just one sip." He sighed out.

I let out a little squeal of excitement and cautiously poured a decent amount of wine in both the goblets before setting the bottle aside. I clapped my hands in excitement. I somehow was to thrilled to get Taehyun drunk.

"I told you,just one sip!" Taehyun complained as I lend him the goblet and then proceed to lift mine. "I know you'll be begging for more."

"Is it bitted? I heard wines are bitter." He scrutinized the glass in his hand with narrow eyes. "This one isn't. Firewhisky is often preferred by wizards but it's not very pleasant for a first time. So, yeah." I put my goblet forward and waited.

It appeared to take Taehyun a while to realise my intention.

And when he did, he hastily clinked our goblets. I gulped down the wine in one go as owning a little experience from our fancy family dinners.

On the other side, Taehyun hesitantly took a tiny sip of the wine, while shutting his eyes tight and pulled away the goblet from his lips. He seemed to be examining if he likes it or not in his mouth and brain.

And then, he smiles.

"This isn't bitter!" He cried out. "Told ya." I shrugged. "It's actually pretty good!" He took another sip. "Pure-bloods don't compromise on their wine quality, eh?" Maybe the alcohol is kicking in, I just related two completely discrete stuff.

Eventually, Taehyun was chugging in more and more wine after getting a hang of it. He kept craving for more and more. I kept filling goblet after goblet for him. The wine bottle was larger than the normal ones.

By the time I had finished my second goblet growing tipsy but still aware of my surroundings, Taehyun was already guzzling his fifth. His face was all pinkish and he was grinning like a buffoon.

"Okay, Taehyun, I think it's time to stop." I put down my goblet and reached out to grab his but he flung it away.

"Not yet, pretty lady!" He kept grinning like a dunce. Pretty lady? Cute. He hurriedly gulped down the remaining wine. He attempted to glance at the bottle to see if there's any wine left.