Chapter 11: The Unbreakable Vow

6th December, 2022

"You're late." Taehyun stated, indifferently as I walked into our usual meeting destination, The Clock Tower. "You should be glad that I came." I smirked as I walked upto Taehyun who was facing me while leaning onto the railing.

It's already dark outside.

I had engaged in an inevitable matter. Ivy (not quite) accidentally spilt some of her wine on Zoe's robes. Zoe had the nerve to talk back. Hence, dragging her along with her little friend, Thea to our common room, we  had no choice but to teach them a lesson.

I can guarantee you, Zoe wouldn't have the courage to wear ugly underwear after this.

"The unbreakable vow." Taehyun said as soon as I reached him. "Eh?" I didn't quite get it.

"Remus Lupin suggested Narcissa Black to make the unbreakable vow with her then boyfriend and later husband, Lucius Malfoy. They vowed to get married. She announced it on the day of her betrothal to Sirius Black and in this way they were able to get out of the marriage." Taehyun explained.

It was.... that easy??

"I'll explain you how exactly you should make the unbreakable vow. Most probably Jungkook should do it. You earlier mentioned that he had a girlfrie-" I scoffed to interrupt Taehyun's speech.

"What?" Taehyun spat.

"Girlfriend." I scoffed, sarcastically.

"Yeah, Jungkook's girlfrie-" I cut in. "He doesn't have a girlfriend." Taehyun stared at me for a few seconds, clueless. "But you said-"

"I know. Apparently Jungkook reminded me that he never said that he loved a girl. He's going out with Kim Taehyung, that half-blood Gryffindor 7th year." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh..." Taehyun did seem a little surprised. However, he was not as astonished as I was, discovering Jungkook's secret.

"Anyway," Taehyun continued from where he left earlier, "Since Jungkook already has a boyfriend, this makes our plan easier."

"Yeah..." That's all I could say.

"Y/n..." Taehyun called out, in his gentle voice. I turned to him. "All I can see here is Jungkook's profit, no offense or anything. But, it all goes for Jungkook's favour. He gets to break of his marriage, he loves someone else and all those stuff..."

I sniggered.

"You think I'm doing this for charity?" I smirked. Taehyun let out a small chuckle. "I don't expect you to." He replied. "Jungkook has something that I want." I said, determined.

"Oh." Taehyun replied. He most probably didn't want to invade my personal space and interrogate about stuff that didn't concern him. However something compelled me to rely the information to him.

What could go wrong?

I know about his secret, it's alright if he knows about mind...right?

"Don't you wanna ask what it is?" I asked. "What is it?" Taehyun finally questioned. "A time-turner." I stated. "what?" Taehyun jumped in shock.

"Why are you so surprised. Oh yeah, you half-bloods won't be aware of it. However, the pure-bloods posses a great deal of such magical items." I said, with pride.

"Still going on with your pure-blood nonsense?" Taehyun wearily said. "Don't you dare-" I pointed my index finger at Taehyun, threateningly. Taehyun hurriedly raised his arms, as a gesture of surrendering.

"Well, sorry, sorry, I forgot how you people care about blood purity." Taehyun said before lowering his arms. "This is why people say that people like us shouldn't engage with people like you." I said, through gritted teeth.