Chapter 30: The Second Task

14th May, 2023

"Ready?" Taehyun asked, in general. Everyone nodded. He gestured me to spin the time-turner. Within no time, we were back in time. To 1994.

Everyone let go off me.

I covered the time-turner with my robes on my chest. "Second task. The Lake." Yeonjun reminded. Everyone nodded and everyone trotted out of The Clock Tower.

"I'm thinking all of you have a plan." I questioned as we moved. "Yes, Y/n, apparently, you ex boyfriend here is very good at charms. He has come up with the scheme to use Bubble-head charm on Cedric." Beomgyu sneered.

This bitch-

The daggers that went into my heart after what Beomgyu said were just-- I hate to admit that still, whenever I look at him all the good and bad, especially the bad memories flash in my mind.

I'm pitiful, aren't I?

I was about to talk back when Hueningkai butted in. "And we're thinking of displaying 'Ron Loves Hermione' fireworks into the air just to mend their relationship." Hueningkai seems to get more and more relaxed around me. He doesn't quiver around me anymore and has started to speak.

"Beomgyu, Hueningkai and Soobin will take care of the fireworks and Taehyun and I will handle the Cedric situation. Who are you joining, Y/n?" Yeonjun glanced at me curtly.

"I don't mind. I'm not here to help. I'm here because I don't trust you people with my precious time-turner." I replied, truthfully.

"She's coming with us." Taehyun proclaimed.

"Don't tell me what to do." I snapped back as his deeds played in my memory. "Sorry." He mumbled. "Yeah Y/n, just come with us so we can be equally divided, eh?" Yeonjun proposed. I agreed. I didn't really care.

But maybe some part of my heart wanted to go with Taehyun.

And...we executed the plan, hiding ourselves in the crowd that seemed to be too invested in staring into the plain water after the champion had dived in. Both the bunch at a little distance from one another.

Yeonjun and Taehyun spoke in facial expressions. Taehyun nodded and started muttering something while moving his wand.

It resulted in a bubble being casted around Cedric that floated him out of the water into the air as the crowd created a loud bustle. No one knew what was going on.

And suddenly fireworks started to flare up in the sky, displaying the words:

Ron Loves Hermione

While everyone was engaged in concerning over either Cedric or the fireworks, we took the chance to slip out of the crowd. As we passed by the crowd, I noticed Ron Weasley. The red-head seemed to match the colour of his cheeks with his hair.

After we were at a secure distance, I spinned the time-turner again and we flew back in time and in no time we were at The Clock Tower.

"I hope it worked out this time." Soobin anticipated as we spilt out of The Clock Tower.

"Yeah doing this again would be horrifying." Hueningkai avowed.

Out of the Clock Tower, wondering where we should go next, we ended up going into the main building. A soft girly cough played in the background. We continued without paying any heed to it. However, the students all around us stared at us, dread. Wait... They're not staring at us, they're staring behind us...

"Guys..." My voice stopped all of their tracks.

I gestured at the eyes around at us. They probably realised the same thing as me. Slowly, we turned around, unsure of what to expect.