Chapter 36: The final battle

15th May, 2023

Carefully, without letting ourselves be spotted by death-eaters, we searched for any Hogwarts student. The ones we came across were valiantly duelling the death-eaters. Most of them winning.

Finally, we spotted two wizards who were at an open broom cupboard, crouched, facing each other, one of them seemed to be hurt. Nodding to one another, me and Taehyun sneaked up to them.

"Excuse me." Taehyun caught their attention.

The one who had his back facing us, turned around. I encountered another  familiar face.

Jeon Jungkook.

The other student was his boyfriend, Kim Taehyung. That Gryffindor. "Y/n.." Jungkook acknowledged my presence. "Seems like my time-turner is in demand."

I shrugged.

"Sorry. I never should've offered it to you. It's my fault-" Jungkook started but I interrupted. "Everyone's guilty in their own ways. No one is a sole culpable."

It seemed to relax Jungkook maybe slightly.

"Have any of you seen Delphini?" Taehyun got to the topic.

"She has destroyed the roof of The Great Hall and is there, surveying the movements of the death-eaters.... Why do y'all want to know about her location. To run away?" I've heard Taehyung speak for the first time.

He has a deep voice.

"Y-yeah, so we can avoid her." Taehyun prompted. He lied so as to avoid further interrogations. Taehyun turned to me and gave me an expression of 'we must go". I nodded.

"Thank you, ex-fiance's boyfriend." I winked at Taehyung before scurrying away with Taehyun.

~•~

"Delphini Riddle." Taehyun emerged into The Great Hall, hand firmly adjoint with mine.

Some death-eaters who were along with Delphini there had already pointed their wands, leaping forward, equipped to attack us.

Delphini stopped them.

"I must say! You two are quite brave to have come to face your death rather than running away." She said.

'Sonorus.'

Delphini casted the  Amplifying charm.

"The prey has come to be on it's own. Quit all the duels and come join me in The Great Hall to see me use the time-turner and bring a better present by bringing back my father." Delphini's voice rang through the castle.

It didn't scare me the least.

Taehyun tightened his grip as we stood tall against her.

In no time, we were surrounded by death-eaters who were laughing out loud. The laugh had the absence of mirth or hope. The Aurors, Hogwarts students and teachers tailed behind them, chasing the death-eaters.

They all stopped when they spotted us infront of Delphini.

"Give me the time-turner. This is the last time I'm saying it nicely." Delphini stipulated. "We've told you earlier. We've destroyed it." Taehyun said, truthfully.

"Rubbish!! You can't possibly destroy such a precious belonging!" She cried out.

"He is telling the truth. The time-turner has been destroyed." McGonagall's voice was heard amongst the crowd.

Delphini seemed to be taking in the information, considering if it's true or not. She observed all the people who were apparently on 'our side'. The expressions on the Aurors', the teachers'and the Golden Trio along with Ginny Potter was enough to confirm that Taehyun wasn't lying.

"ARE YOU PEOPLE INSANE?!" Delphini shrieked out, her voice doubling through the silent crowd. "Delphini. Stop this. I think we can come to an amiable agreement. You won't be sent to Azkaban. We can talk it out-" Hermione Granger Weasley stepped forward, trying to make peace.

Delphini just chuckled darkly.

"You morons took away my only chance." She turned to Taehyun. "You. I entrusted you with the responsibility and you ruined everything!!"

No one spoke or moved for some seconds. But suddenly...

"You're of no use anymore." Delphini glared at Taehyun. I knew what was coming. I searched through the crowd to find Caspian and nodded at him. He nodded back.

'Avada Kedavra'

'Expelliarmus'

Taehyun's hand let go of mine and  casted the disarming spell against Delphini while she used the killing curse against him. The outcome could've been easily witnessed.

However, sudden chaos bursted in the Great Hall. Lights from wands being fired at different directions. Different spells, hexes, curses and charms being used against each other.

Taehyun was standing beside me, but now his wand's spark was struggling against Delphini's. Both of them held the grip of the wand firmly.

I would've paid more attention to it if some death-eater's curse wasn't coming at my direction. I got engaged into the chaos as well.

On the other hand, Taehyun was struggling.

No matter what kind of bitch Delphini is, she is strong. Her green light was winning. I was too busy defending myself as well as Taehyun from the other hexes shot by death-eaters.

Gradually....

Delphini's wand's light had reached Taehyun's wand's tip all while different coloured spells run through the air, hitting either objects or people.

And then a huge explosion of light took place beside me. The people 'on our side' had taken down almost all the death-eaters at this rate, maybe just less than five of them remained.

All of them stopped dead.

The sudden outburst of light made me almost blind. I couldn't see a thing infront of me.

In the next few seconds....it was over.

But...

Taehyun wasn't there. I legs seemed to shake on the spot. Even though she might've used the Killing curse, this shouldn't have happened. W-where is he?!

Delphini burst into laughter.

"Never knew the killing curse can do this!" She surveyed her wand like a maniac. H-her killing curse worked? But this doesn't happen!

I stare at the empty space where Taehyun stood a minute ago.

Without another thought, I turn to the laughing Delphini, blankly. "For Taehyun..."

'Avada Kedavra'

The green light emerged out of my wand accompanied by several wand shots from the 'people of our side' against the death-eaters. Taking them down.

I killed Delphini Riddle.

I fall to my knees, paying no heed to the chaos around me.

Taehyun....