The First Clarity

Dec 26th, Venice

Shub landed 2 hourse ahead of Sara and those 2 hours felt like a lifetime to him.

Finally, Sara landed, collected her luggage and dialed Shub asking where is he? He replied with a landmark of the gate number. She proceeded towards the mentioned gate. In a couple of minutes she could see Shub standing tall in the crowd. He has always stood apart from the crowd. Such is his aura. Unlike their last airport visit, this time, as soon as Shub saw Sara, he ran like a leopard and without any second thoughts, he just hugged her. Hugged her like a baby! It took Sara few seconds to realise what just happened. She was conscious at first and thought of asking him to let her go, may be.! But Shub was not in the mood. He was not letting her go this time and eventually Sara had to give up. It was their first hug. Both of them had no idea what that hug meant, but yes it felt like a world of emotions.

Both of them stayed quite during the entire taxi ride on their way to the hotel.

Once they reached Hotel, Shub said: "Do you want to freshen up ?"
Sara: "Yeah, I think that would be good."
Shub: "Sure, your room is next to mine, go ahead."
Sara:"Okay."
Shub: "See you at 6?"
Sara: "Yup!"

Sara asked the housekeeping to help them with a secluded beach, for the "serious discussion" which they happily agreed to arrange!

Sara: "Finally, We can talk."
Shub: "Yes."
Sara: "So, what has been bothering you lately? You mentioned it the other day ?"
Shub: "Yeah!" (He narrated the entire episode where Ishan and others asked him about her)
Sara: "So, what did you tell them ?"
Shub: "Nothing, what could I say ? I denied everything."
Sara: "Then it's sorted na ?"
Shub: "No, I feel I answered them too casually. I mean, it was too sudden for me to understand anything . I mean, are you getting what I mean ?"
Sara: "Yeah! I get it."
Shub: "I got blank there. All this is very new for me, Sara."
Sara: "I get it. Arjun asked me too, about us."
Shub: "What ? Arjun ? We spoke last week only, he didn't ask me anything."
Sara: "Because he is my brother so he decided to confront me first."
Shub: "Ohh!"
Sara: "Listen Shub, I know that you are already aware but because I don't want us to have any room for doubt here, I want to let you know that I don't usually end up commenting on guys photos. I don't end up becoming a tour guide for someone just like that. I don't even reply to half of the texts that come to me."
Shub: "I know that. I am aware."
Sara: "So, if I am doing all this for you, there is no doubt I feel something for you. I am not yet sure what to exactly call that feeling.
Shub: (Confused) "Sara, wait. You are taking away my lines. These were supposed to be my lines."
Sara: (irritated) "What ???"
Shub: "Arrey! I mean these are my feelings. I don't know what I have been feeling for you lately. But it is getting intense day by day."
Sara: "Shub, if this is some joke to you, I want us to stop this here only. Trust me I will never ask you why u misled me. I will understand. But just tell it now only."
Shub: "Have you lost it ? Here I am trying to tell you how I have blankly, without any parachute, fallen for you. Aur tum alag hi bajj rahi ho."

Sara: "You don't understand. Have you thought about the repercussions ? If anything goes down south my father's name will be dragged. The media will make sure the news never goes away from the limelight. I cannot risk all of that for this."

Shub: "Wow! And you think it's easy for me ?The selection committee needs only 1 random reason to tell me I won't be in playing 11, my entire career is at stake, I don't have any God father here, just my talent. If there is anyone who cannot afford this discussion right now, it as sure as hell, is me.

Sara: "Fine then, it's clear and sorted na. Why are we fighting then ? There is nothing here. You don't want this, I don't want this. End of discussion."

"But I want you." Shub said in the most feeble voice.
Sara: "What did you just say.?"
Shub: "Sara, are you this dumb ? Because I am not. I have not come here to spend new years with some random girl. In my head, I am with you. There is no way I am able to seee anything beyond this. Can you help me here in some way ?"

Sara: "I can't. But I can hug you. Will that help ?"
Shub: (In the most emotional voice)"Trust me nothing else in this world can help right now."

Sara got up and hugged Shub.

(They both had a nice dinner followed by an amazing week exploring Venice)

Sara: "Shub, as far as I can understand we both like each other. But it is too initial and also.....
Shub: "Wait. Pause. Stop. What did you just say ? We both like each other ? Apni feelings mujhe khud nahi bolni chahiye shayad ? Sab khud hi bol de rahi ho tum."
Sara: "Aahhhh! Let it be na. Kya fark padta hai. It's clear there is liking. We are in 21st century. Tum bolo ya main bolu, big deal! But we don't know what kind of and how intense it is.
Shub: "Mujhe mera clear hai, doubts tumko hain."
Sara: "Tum bhi rakho doubts, we need to know each other more ya."
Shub: "I have known you enough for this life."
Sara: "How cheeezzyyyyy!!"
Shub: "Are you like complaining?"
Sara: "No, I like cheese :P"
Shub: "Okay, I might have to tell Jugnu about this ha.?"
Sara: "Okay."
Shub: "Andddd Ishan XD"
Sara: "Ooookay."
Shub: "And Shahneel too."
Sara: "Why don't we just annouce it?"
Shub: "Vo bhi kar denge."
Sara: "I really don't want this time to pass. We don't even know when will we meet next."
Shub: "Sara, there is one thing I want you to promise me. Whatever this is between us, it will work on only 1 ground rule."
Sara: "And what is that.?"
Shub: "We both are people about whom everybody will talk. Different people, different opinions. Our only ground rule is we will always discuss it and clear it out between us. There is no 3rd person ever going to effect "this" and we will never go to bed upset with each other. Promise me."
Sara: "I promise you."

Venice made things clearer for both of them. But one wrong step and everything could go wrong considering the reach and exaggeration potential of Indian media. They decided they will continue getting to know each other while keeping it as low-key as possible. They will tell the important people in their life about the clarity they had just got. They both will keep their dreams and aspirations on top because they both knew the responsibilities they had to serve. They both were aware that this was the beginning of a battle. Battle of love and the Battle of hiding it.
It was two of them against the entire world and they were so ready for it :)