Three Magical Days at Chandigarh

Mid Aug, 2020
Chandigarh

Sara had landed at the private airport and even after all the efforts, their team had clearly instructed Shub not go to the airport to pick her up! There was a huge possibility of media covering it. This was the very first time they had decided to seee each other in India and that too out of Mumbai. There was fear but then "Pyaar me log kya kya nahi karte."

Shub was bang on with his preperation this time, Infact he had actually sat with his team to arrange everything. He had also asked KP and Ishan never ever to come again with advice unless they both get themselves a girlfriend.

The entire 3 day trip of Sara was beautifully planned. The 1st day was for both of them. Nobody else was allowed.
The 2nd day was for their friends. He was going to introduce Sara to his friends and of course to Shahneel.
The last day was to meet Shub's parents.

As soon as Sara reached the farmhouse, she told Shub, "This is gorgeous, I love it."

Shub had planned the entire day. Starting with the lunch that they had, to the cake he had baked for Sara, it obviously was the result of their lockdown diaries. They were sitting in the balcony after the lunch when Shub said:

"I know it's all said and done but I am genuinely sorry for the way I had behaved with you that day."
Sara: "Ahh I have already forgotten about it. Let it be Shub, it is us. You are the love of my life. Everything else is just noise."
Shub: "What made you so sure of me ?"
Sara: "Nothing that you did. It's just what I feel with you and around you."
Shub: "How do you feel ?"
Sara: "Comfort, love and butterflies."

(Hearing this Shub came close to Sara. Very very close, they could literally feel each other's warmth at this point of time)

Sara: "What are you trying to do?"
Shub: "Nothing just tadoying you."
Sara: "You are tadoying your own girlfriend?"
Shub: "Ab girlfriend se milne ke liye schedule banana padta hai toh banda kya hi kare."
Sara: "Theek hai phir sahi se taado. I will give poses."

Saying this she started making very cute faces, she was full of expressions. Shub kept watching her and captured all her poses from his phone. He said, "I will look at these whenever I will miss you and you will not be around me."

In the evening, they had a very romantic paint date planned. It was a 10ft large canvas for them at the farm and they had to paint it with their love. They put all the colors possible on it and tried portraying everything that have helped their relationship florish starting from cricket to music, to Instagram, to love for dogs, to the London days. It was a surreal experience. They had almost painted each other too in the entire process. It looked like the color of love was all over them. It definitely was one of it's own kind of date. All thanks to their awesome team who had worked on this idea together.

The dinner was arranged at the open theatre with popcorn and other munchkins. They had decided to watch movies. After finishing a movie, they felt like lying down in the open only and gaze the stars with each other by their side. It felt like the entire sky was celebrating both of them. They were holding hands. Sara came closer to Shub and she kept her head on his chest while he kept holding her with his hand and they still were looking at the wide sky. She said, "I can hear your heartbeat, it's beating very fast."
Shub: "Yes, because you are so close to me."
Sara: "I want to hear it more."
Shub: "What?  My heartbeat ?"
Sara: "Yes, it feels something else only, I can't describe."
Shub: "Look here."
(Sara looked at him and he gave a peck on her cheek followed by a peck on her lips too)
Shub: "Now check my heartbeat, it would have been more fast now."
Sara: "Really ? Now I want to increase it even more."
Shub: "Go on. I dare you!"
Sara: "Yahan?"
Shub: "Are you feeling shy, Sara?"
Sara: "Nooooo."
Shub: "Then?"
Sara: "Our team is still here."
Shub: "They will be here only, they cannot go anywhere."
Sara: "Then I cannot kiss you."
Shub: (Teasingly) "You wanted to kiss me ?"
Sara: "Don't you want that ?"
Shub: "I want more. Told you I am a demanding boyfriend."
Sara: "What more ?"
Shub: "Let's go inside. I need cuddles."

They were returning back to the room, they said goodnight to their teams. They both were on their way to the room from stairs is when Shub stopped Sara.

Sara: "Kya hua ?"
Shub: "You are not allowed iske aage."
Sara: "Why ?"
Shub: "You have to pay tax."
Sara: "What is the tax ?"
Shub: "Ummm! I wantttttt........
Before Shub could finish his request, Sara grabbed him with his shirt, held him really close to her and kissed him, with all the love inside her, she kissed him. Expression of love is always the best way and who knew it better than Sara.

They both knew the lockdown days were going to be over, September is when Shub had to go to Abu Dhabi for IPL matches, they will be back to long distances with limited time for each other. May be that is exactly why they weren't able to let go of each other even for a minute.

Next morning was a fun day with all of Shub's friends. His childhood buddies and his cricket friends, they all had sent video messages for Sara. They all wanted to be there but obviously that wasn't possible.
Sara mat Ishan, Jugnu, Subeer, Gurkeerat Mann and few of other friends of Shub.

Needless to say, everybody loved Sara. Her smile was the purest and looking at her anybody could figure out she was totally in love with Shubman. Sara met Shahneel too. They shared such a warm hug, it was so warm that Shub also joined them in it. Shahneel had got a very special eye liner for Sara, from England, they both excitedly discussed about it too. The next part was the game night. The game was "Never Have I Ever."

It was Shahneel's turn: "Never have I ever, kissed someone who is in this room currently."

Everybody started rooting but Sara and Shub were only blushing, everyone started teasing them and that is when Shub took the sip and said, haan bhai ab Pyaar kiya toh Darna kyaa. Chalo khush ho jaao, I am taking the sip."
Everyone started shouting "Sara, Sara, Sara. Come on!"
Sara kept blushing till now. She finally lifted her glass and took the sip. She even added, "No more further details will be shared." Shub was not leaving her hand even for a second. They were sitting with everyone but everything else had faded for him.

The game night continued. Ishan and KP were teased the most. That is when Sara told Ishan, I will make you propose the girl you have your eyes on. But yes, if she is not interested, you will have to back off, that's only fair. To this Ishan started acting all emotional and said, "Ek aap hi samjhte ho mujhe, hands down hamari bhabhi kaisi ho ? Sara bhabhi jaisi ho."

Everyone burst into laughter on hearing this.  

The next morning was the meeting with Shub's parents. Taking Sara to his home was not an easy decision. Anybody could have noticed but Shub's Mom kept insisting to get her home. Again the arrangements were done. There was an advantage of the lockdown, the media was comparitevely less active. It was a lunch planned at Shub's place with his family and from there only Sara had to be at the airport in the evening for her flight back to Mumbai.

Sara reached The Gill House. It had to be done very silently and with utmost attention. She was to stay there for 3 hours almost. It was the first time Sara was meeting Shub's parents. She had gotten so many sweets with her, all from her favorite shop from Mumbai. She knew being Punjabis they loved meetha. Shub's parents saw Sara and were so happy seeing how adorable they both looked together. "Thu thu thu, nazar naaa lage" was the first statement that came out from Shub's mom. "Inni soni kudi, aa jaa beta, aa jaaa."

Shub's Mom kept on sharing all the naughtiness Shub used to do when he was a kid and how was he in his bachpan. Sara realised that Shub's parents were so similar to her parents. May be, all parents are like that, they might have different way of handling things or dealing with life but at the end they always want the best for their kids and can fight anyone who comes in the way of their kids happiness. It was a proper punjabi lunch, Sara loved punjabi food. All in all it was a great meeting. She had to take the flight in the evening and hence eventually had to leave for the airport.

Sara: "Aunty, ab next aap aao Mumbai. Main aur aap Shopping chalenge. Shahneel ko bhi lete aaana. Let Shub and Uncle practice."
Shub's Mom: "Hanjee Beta, bilkul aayenge. Please pass on our greeetings to your parents, we shall meet them too very soon."
Sara: "Jeee Aunty Jee." Namaste Uncle."
Shub's Father: "Bahut sara pyaar beta jee aapko."

Sara hugged Shahneel and eventually Shub. Why were goodbyes always this hard. Last 3 days had literally went past in a flash. The moment she huggged Shub, there was no confirmation of when they would meet next. It was all the memories that they might have to live with, for quite some time now. Shub on the other hand was thinking, "Shall I also go back with her to Mumbai ?" Only if they would have been normal people, may be. Right now, he certainly cannot.

With heavy hearts but lots of love and memories, they bid a temporary good bye.