Masterstroke yet again by Mr. Gill

Sara had legit freed Shubman for the next 3 months from any kind of responsibility towards her or even their relationship! Shubman had no idea what it meant, he was not in the state to take any call, to deep think about it all, so he had just decided to go ahead with whatever decision Sara had taken on behalf of both of them!

With that thought, he had gone for the Afghanistan series. They used to text each other, but the frequency had dipped. It was like they were back to their early long distance dating era. During the entire series, Shubman had missed Sara like never before!! Goes without writing, South Africa was difficult too, but this one week, maybe because they both were in India and still unable to see each other, he felt more helpless!! Sara, as always, stood by her words. She wasn't expecting anythinggg from Shubman at this point of time!! But the relationship is between 2 people, right ? Even though Sara was prepared for the tough days, what about Shubman ?? He missed herrrrrr soooo muchhhhhh, he felt helpless, he desperately wanted to see her! And when Shubman feels something, he doesn't give a damn about what was planned or what was supposed to be done!

17th Jan, 2024
Bangalore

Just a day before the 3rd T20 in Bengaluru, Shubman already had anticipated that he is not going to be in the playing 11. He had figured that out, already! He still went for practice, gave his best, came back to the hotel and sat down to think! He felt like talking to Sara! Without a second thought, he dialed her. He was craving to hear her voice! He knew no other way!

Sara picked the call in just 2 rings as if she was waiting for his call since forever.

Shub: "Hey!"

Sara: "Hi! How are you ?"

Shub stayed silent!!!!

Sara: "Shub ? Baby ? Are you Okay?"

Shub: "Yes! Yesss! I am!! I miss you!!"

Sara: "I miss you tooo! But I am being strong, okay ? I am fine! We will manage this."

Shub: "But I don't want to be strong, anymore! I don't want to be away from you. Can I come and see you in Mumbai after the match tomorrow ?"

Sara: "What ?? Didn't we decide 3 months only and only for your cricket ?"

Shub: "I can't function this way, Sara! It's impossible! Main paagal ho jaaunga yaar! I need to be with you!"

Sara: "Do you want to talk about cricket ?"

Shub: "Nooooooo!! Not now!! I want to talk about us. Can I facetime you ? I want to see you!"

Sara: "Yes yes! Switching to facetime video right away."

Shub: "Yes please!!"

Sara switched the facetime video call, seeing her serene face with that radiant smile, Shubman felt alive again, as if he was forced to stay away from his heartbeat for quite some time.

Shub: "You look beautiful."

Sara: "Haaan kya ?"

Shub: "Obviously."

Sara: "Tum bhi acche lag rahe ho! The dimples aren't coming that much, no ? Aren't you blushing much these days ? Shall I talk dirty?"

Hearing Sara say this, Shubman got his blush back, the dimples were back toooo.

Sara: "Uuuuuh! Now that's like my Shub. That smile is contagious, you know ?"

Shub: "Babe please! Tell me everything na ? What did you do in the last few days ? How's everyone at home ?"

Sara: "All good!! I went to see few friends. Ummm, then I am also planning a trip to Kashmir, with Maa Baba! I want to visit a temple there."

Shub: "Ohh! That's nice. When ? Why temple and all ?"