It's Silent after the Storm but love heals

20th Nov, 2023
Ahmedabad

Shubman had a flight to Chandigarh. He wanted to be home for a couple of days. He hadn't been home since a really really long time. Had they won the world cup, his schedule would hve been completely different. But he had no mood, he wanted to do nothing but to just be home for 2 days to gather himself up and to come back to Mumbai to meet his professional committments before he actually leaves for a mini getaway with his madame girlfriend.

Shubman reached Chandigarh and his fans were all over him, they requested to click pictures with him. As grounded as he is, he did adhere to all of them. When he reached home, he was welcomed with lots of love. This was the first time post dengue that he had come home. Shub's Mom was already getting emotional seeing him.

Shub's Mom: "Bilkul kamzor ho gaya hai, mera baccha."

Shub: "Theek hoon main, Mummy."

Shub's Mom: "Chup kar jaa. Jitne bhi din ke liye aaya hai na, jo-jo bana ke dungi, chup chaap khaa lena, koi nakhra nahi sunungi main."

Shub: "Theek hai. Kya nahi kha sakta main, vo aapko pata hi hai. Toh dekh lena."

Shub's Dad: "Aaa jaaaa. Thak gaya hoga na ?"

Shub: "Theek hoon, Papa.. Abhi tak yakeen nahi ho raha hai."

Shub's Dad: "Haan beta, aisa lag raha jaise pura desh hi dukhi ho gaya hai. Par you all played well. Hai na ? Niraash nahi hona hai."

Shub: "Jeee Papa. Main rest karta hoon thoda."

Shub kept next 2 days only to himself. He would wake up, go to the nets, practice a bit, would think over whatever did not work for him in the finals. Till 23rd he had somehow accepted that they had actually lost the WC 2023 but that should not stop him from moving on, in life. That chapter had ended, it had a painful end but what a beautiful chapter it had been. So many endearing memories that he was going to cherish all his life. Him getting dengue, but Sara taking all the charge, she coming to watch him play, him performing well for the team, his bonding with other players, the fun, the banters, the 1.3 Bn people praying & rooting for them!! He decided to count his blessings and think forward in life.

He decided to call Seb & Jugnu. Jugnu was also in Chandigarh but not with him.

Seb: "Hi Shub. You better now ?"

Shub: "Yes! I am better. Tumlog kaise ho ?"

Jugnu: "Zinda hain bss. Final ke baad se laash bane ghoom rahe hain. Par tu theek hai.?"

Shub: "Haan aur option hi kya hai. Khair, wanted to discuss and plan our upcoming schedule."

Seb: "Yes! Even we wanted to do that."

Shub: "I want to travel to Mumbai tomorrow. Need to see Sara. We haven't met since 17th. I have to see her."

Seb: "Mumbai me ?"

Shub: "What other option do we have ? Can you get her to Chandigarh ?"

Seb: "No No! We want you to be in Mumbai. 26th there is a Global peace event and then you will have to wrap up some shoots and then there's an awards event on 2nd Dec."

Shub: "So, I will have to be in Mumbai till 2nd ?"

Seb: "Yes."

Jugnu: "Toh phir 3rd ko chalte hain London ?"

Shub: "How will Sara come then ? Alag alag jana hoga ?"

Jugnu: (Sarcastically) "Nahi Nahi! Bilkul ek hi flight me bagal bagal me baith ke jaana dono. Perfect couple jaise."