Dark Cloudsssss Underway again ???

Early January 2024
South Africa

India was able to equal the test series against South Africa. The 2nd test also hadn't gone great for Shubman. He had put a 10 & a 36 on the scoreboard against his name but he was still the 3rd highest scoring batsman for that test. It was a win for India and the team player that he is, he was happy. He had his own set of questions in his mind regarding his form! It felt to him as if post the Dengue, it has all gone for a toss. He was still not over his that very shot, in the finals, at his most favorite ground of Ahmedabad. Those thoughts still bothered him.

While he was summarizing his 2023, he thought of all that he was able to achieve the previous year and all that he couldn't, he concluded it was a memorable 2023 for him. Personally, he was 10x more sure of his relationship with Sara. There was a lot of stability in their relationship now, entire 2023 he felt secured. There was not much of outside chatter around him or her. He even concluded how beautifully they both had realised that, all by themselves, without the other person telling to act a particular way!

But he had questions about his cricket which somehow directly or indirectly were going to effect his personal life, his relationship too. He wanted to discuss it all with Sara.

8th January, 2024
Chandigarh

As per their plan, Sara had already reached Chandigarh on 7th at the farmhouse they had planned this meet!! Shubman was to join her a day later. She made sure to give him a nice welcome!! Everything was cooked as per Shubman's choice, the punjabi butter parathas, the butter chicken, the curtains of his favorite color, his favorite room spray, and what not!!

Sara had an intuition that this meeting was going to be a different one. It was for the first time since Shubman had begun playing for the Senior Indian Cricket Team that his form had dipped. It wasn't an easy place to be. Sara knew it all, she was prepared for the conversation that was to come!  The woman that she is, she was aware of what exactly was needed to be done at that point of time.

Around the afternoon, Shubman arrived! It didn't take much time for Sara to figure out that his smile had gone for a toss. He tried to smile but it just wasn't real. It had pain, Sara could see it! She could feel it!

He came closer and hugged her! The hug had never beeen this heavy! She felt as if he was tired, he was broken and he was just not himself.

Sara: "Was the flight long ?"

Shub: "Usual! It was Okay."

Sara: "You want to get fresh ? Lunch ?"

Shub: "Later Sara! Can we talk ?"

Sara: "Yes baby!! We cannnn. Bolo naaaa."

Shub: "I don't know! I am worried, Sara."

Sara: "Of what exactly, baby?"

Shub: "I don't know!!! It just feels like, maybe I have signed up for a lot and now it's all getting difficult."

Sara: "What are you even saying ? Can you elaborate ?"

Shub: "Yeah! I can! I finally can!!"

Shubman held Sara's hands while they began talking! They were sitting face to face!

Sara: "Okay baby! I am all ears! Tell."

Shub: "There is something off!! With my form, maybe my temperament, my approach, my thoughts, I don't know what it is. But it's bothering me."

Sara: "Okay!! All this because the runs aren't coming ??"

Shub: "Primarily YESSS."

Sara: "Okay!!! Have you tried figuring it out??"