Sailing through the Phases of Love!

Mid June, 2023

Shubman had left for a trip to Paris with his close friends while Sara had a family trip planned to Masai Mara in Kenya! It was a long overdue trip for both of them.

Goes without writing, they were missing each other terribly while they were on a trip with their respective family and close ones. It was not that they weren't enjoying the trip with their close ones, but at the end of the day, they just felt like going back to see each other and be by each other's side, everyday. Especially because they had spent such a lovely week in London followed by a road trip to Scotland, before coming for this trip. They were literally being reminded of each other, during the most basic occassion possible.

Sara was getting ready for the safari tour in Masai Mara one morning. The moment she came down to have breakfast, she was flooded with the memories of the days spent in London, where everyday Shubman had made sure to feed her the breakfast with his own hands, everyday, saying breakfast is the most important meal of the day and that is why she should have it filled with all the love.

A wide smile came to her face, recalling it all. She realised lately she hasn't put across expressively as to how blessed she really felt she is ?? Such a caring boyfriend she has, who doesn't let go of even the slightest chance to make her feel what she means to him. The overwhelming breakfast platter in front of her felt nothing great as she kept thinking about the omelettes that Shub used to make for her in London.

On the other hand, Shubman was all set for yet another road trip with his friends and cousins in Paris. While they were deciding the schedule and everything, he without trying was pulled back to the days when Sara and He had gone on a road trip. How had she planned everything so well. This time nobody asked him if he had any history of motion sickness, nobody packed sandwiches for him, obviously because they knew him toooo well for all that! There wasn't a thing as such to be asked about. But still, these memories came back and he was left with a wide smile on his face. He obviously was missing Sara. I mean he was in Paris, the city of love, without his love of life, he had to, had to think about that.

He decided to text Sara.

Shub: "Starting the road trip in sometime, I am unable to get you out of my mind today, for some reason."

Sara: "Hey babe! We just began with the Safari, you aren't around and I can still feel you everywhere. Have I lost myself completely ??"

Shub: "Uffff!!! I can't believe the long distance can do this to me, even after it always being a long distance."

Sara: "What you miss the most.??"

Shub: "Us. The way we spent the days in London, I am unable to pull myself out of it all. It has stuck with me for some reason, can't see, can't think, anything beyond that."

Sara: "Likewise. It has happened previously too, but it's just worse this time."

Shub: "Shall I fly to South Africa to see you ??"

Sara: "Now ?"

Shub: "Whenever you say!!! But you are with Sachin Sir and Anjali Ma'am."

Sara: "Hmmmm! Shall I just ask them once if they mind you coming here ?"

Shub: "It will be awkward babe! I would have not said this, if it would have been anyone else, but it's them! It's different. I won't be even able to hold your hand in front of them, forget anything else."

Sara: "Yeah! Me tooo!! I will freeeeze."

Shub: "I knowwwww. I would have come even if it was my parents, would have blabbered them with some shitty logic, but I can't do that with your parents."