Sometimes it's not written in Destiny!

15th Nov, 2023
Mumbai

Sara came to seee Shubman post the semi final. India had won it. It was all joyous around. Shub was feeling much better now. He did come back to play but ofcourse the century hadn't happened. Seeing Sara, he smiled. She came closer to him and asked:

Sara: "What had happened ?"

Shub: "The Cramps, babe!"

Sara: "You better now ?"

Shub: "Yes! Much better."

Sara: "Okay!"

Shub: "You waited for me ? Outside the dressing room ?"

Sara: "Yes I did! I didn't know what else to do."

Shub: "I saw! Why are you such a cutie.??"

Sara: "Shub, I am scared."

Shub: "Of what exactly, Darling ?"

Sara: "You are not taking enough care of yourself, I feel."

Shub: "Why do you think so ? Because of the cramps ?"

Sara: "I don't know!! My heart was coming to my mouth seeing you like that, do you even get it ?"

Shub: "Baby!!! I am still recovering, thoda time aur lagega. I have lost a lot of muscle mass. Isliye."

Sara: "Hmmmm. But then you don't listen to me at times. Bola tha na to increase the diet a bit."

Shub: "Haan kiya toh hai increase. Ho jayegaaa. Btw, you called Mom ? From the stadium ?"

Sara: "Yeah! I did, I thought.. nothing I just thought, they might be feeling restless and I know it's not a good feeling because I was feeling the same, so I just called her and spoke to her."

Shub: "I am so glad you did that. You are always so thoughtful."

Sara: "Not sure I called to console her or myself but it helped so it's all cool. Kya khaaoge ? Kuch order karu ?"

Shub: "No! I had dinner. You ate ?"

Sara: "I was not hungry."

Shub: "Okay! Eat now. Khana bana hua hai, let's eat together, I will also have."

Sara: "Okayyyyy."

Shub: "Btw, you remember our drive from London to Scotland ?"

Sara: "Yeah!! I do remember, and your terrible driving toooo which you learnt from the world famous Tez Bahadur Driving School in Mohali."

Shub: "You remember asking me about my wishes for this year ?"

Sara: "Yessss! You had said world cup."

Shub: "And ?"

Sara: "Peace and calmness in personal life. Aur bhi kuch tha but you said you will tell when the time is correct."

Shub: "Yes!! Abhi bataun ?"

Sara: "Bataaaao."

Shub: "So, I have a dream!! A century in world cup and us winning the world cup, both these on 19th of Nov and I might end up giving you flying kisses from the stadium."

Sara: "What ??? Noooooo!"

Shub: "You don't want! That's my dream, you can tell it on my face if you are not okay with it."

Sara: "It's like a public announcement baby."

Shub: "It's my wish! You can tell me on my face that you are not Okay with it."

Sara: "I am getting goosebumps just by hearing it all."

Shub: "Is it ?"

Sara: "Yeah! The shy boy that you are, I don't think you will be doing that. Main toh blush kar karke khatam ho jaaungi. I think it's best not to plan it. If things go well, you do whatever comes naturally to you."