The Balance is Everything

Aug 2023,
India

Shubman was content with the last meeting that he had with Sara in London, as he had very conveniently and clearly explained her everything about the difficulty their relationship might have to go through for the next 2-3 months. The main reason of it was the world cup happening in India. If it would have been anywhere else, he would have made sure to see her somehow in between. But that was not the case, when in India. Thankfully, post the IPL finale, there was no dating rumour, as such, floating around, which could have considerably bothered both of them. He really wanted to put all his attention and mind on to the upcoming series.

Sara, on the other hand, was busy too. She had her final exams going on. After which, she was to finally be back in India. So, she was occupied too. She made a promise to herself, she will try her best, not to disturb Shub, unless she really really misses him, to an extend that it gets difficult to even exist or unless he calls her. She really didn't want to be a distraction for him, even unknowingly. She very well knew the importance of the upcoming series for Shubman. The entire of August went past like flash only.

Everyday, Sara would wake up and she would count the number of days left for her to go back to India, number of days left for Shubman's birthday, number of days left for World Cup to start. She sometimes hated the fact as to why was she such a planner. Everyday, She would make sure to text Shubman Good Morning, but then that would be the only text from her side the entire day. That would be all. After this text, it was all Shubman's call. Sometimes, he would reply to the text, sometimes he would call her directly, sometimes he would facetime her too, goes without writing, even he missed seeing her pretty face and hearing her adorable voice. But then there would be days, he won't be able to revert anything. On those extremely busy days as well, he would put an effort and would make sure to drop Sara a text, before he finally goes to sleep. He very well understood the nitty-gritty of the situation. Yes, he was busy and he had a lot of responsibilities to look upto, but he also had a responsibility towards Sara. She was his girlfriend. He very well knew the meaning of that.

29th August, 2023
India

It was one of those days Shubman hadn't been able to text or call Sara. He was into the practice the entire day and he hadn't even checked his phone. As he went back to his hotel room post dinner, to rest, he thought of texting Sara. He picked up his phone and texted her:

Shub: "You there ?"

It was evening in London! Sara was still at her university with her friends. They were working on their final project of the year. That is when she got the text from Shubman. She saw it and immediately replied:

Sara: "Hey!! Hi, yes! Wassup ?"

Shub: "Just got back from the practice. I am so fucking tired."

Sara: "Did you have dinner.?"

Shub: "Yes baby!!"

Sara: "Okay! Try and sleep then, may be ?"

Shub: "What are you doing ?"

Sara: "I am still at college."

Shub: "Ohh! With friends ?"

Sara: "Yeah! Finishing the last project."

Shub: "Okay!."

Sara: "Yeah! You seem a bit tensed ?"

Shub: "No! I am not! But yes, there is a lot of pressure."

Sara: "I can understand but you know naa we all have so much trust in you! We know you would do great."

Shub: "Hmmmmm."

Sara: "Is there anything else bothering you ?"

Shub: "Not really."

Sara: "I don't think you are telling the truth completely , please tell ?"