Heart Over Mind, Finally ??

11th Oct, 2023
Chennai, India

Shubman had begun with his basic training practices. His next dengue test was scheduled to be on 12th, post which, it was going to be decided if he would be playing in the 3rd world cup ODI match against Pakistan, or not. The fever had certainly gone but the fatigue was still there. Shubman was trying his best to work on his lost muscle mass, the trainers made sure he was able to somehow work on it without exerting a lot of pressure on his recovering body!

Sara had returned back to Mumbai but she was in no mood to celebrate her birthday. This time around, she just wanted to be home, with her family and have a very close-knit celebration. She was somewhere still concerned about Shub's health. If it would have been in her hand, she wouldn't have ever come back from Chennai, leaving him there!

For the first time in 26 years of her life, she was concerned about something else rather than being excited for her birthday. She knew she will never be enough prepared to hear that he will not be a part of the 3rd match. Her heart was sinking everytime she even thought about it. Last time, she had somehow managed to handle Shub, but this time, she herself was not sure, how she would be handling herself forget handling Shub if the reports do not come in their favor.

12th Oct, 2023
Mumbai, Midnight

Sara's phone was ringing continuously for the birthday wishes. Shubman was smart enough.! He had facetimed her at 11.50 PM only and had said:

"Now you will have to talk to me and only me till it is 12. Hihihaha."

Sara: "Wowww! So intelligent you are."

Shub: "Hai na ? Par kabhi ghamand nahi kiya maine."

Sara: "Where is my cake ?"

Shub: "Bhejnaaa tha kya ?? I thought you are too old for all that!."

Sara: "Wow! Brilliant. Ideally, you shouldn't even be awake till now. It's late, you have to undergo that stupid dengue test tomorrow again, I am panicking abhi se hi."

Shub: "Why are you panicking ?"

Sara: (Irritated) "Shauk hai mujhe. Dimaag kharaab hai mera."

Shub: (Teasingly) "Arrey! Cake nahi bheja toh itna gussa ?"

Sara: "Tum khud nahi aaye, iss baat ka zyada gussa hai."

Shub: "Aaa jaaaaun ? Bolo bs ek baar, phir dekhnaa."

Sara: "Nooo! I am kidding. I am just hoping the reports come fine tomorrow."

Shub: "Sara, you need to calm down and let that thought go away from your mind. It's your birthday today. Please."

Sara: "I cannot unwind it from my mind. It just doesn't work like that."

Shub: "Atleast try naaa. Also, can you go to Arjun's room please ?"

Sara: "Why ?"

Shub: "Your cake is waiting there for you, along with your favorite ice-cream."

Sara: "Such a dog you are! Why didn't you tell me earlier ? I really thought you haven't sent it this time, hence I am siting here in pyjamas."

Shub: "Kaise nahi bhejta yaar ? Mujhe kya meri shyamat lagwaaani thi ? Happy Birthday My ApSARA! Thank you for being you, I don't even want to think what I would have done in life without you!"

Sara: "Awwwiiieeee! Thank youuu!!"

Sara went to Arjun's room where everybody was already waiting for her. Sachin, Anjali and Arjun were there. Shubman was obviously there with her on facetime. Shub's parents along with Shahneel and Jugnu had also joined the mini virtual cake cutting celebration of Sara's 26th birthday. Sara had not expected all this, hence it really felt nice and cozy to her! All she ever wanted for her this birthday was a small celebration with people who mattered the most to her!