An original love story: *chapter twenty-six*

Dear diary,

Im lost. My daughter, Isabelle is dead. The man I think I love, Kol Mikaelson is dead. I killed a friend of mine, Elena Gilbert. And now my emotions are back, I can't really take this. Klaus told me emotions are heightened now I'm a vampire, but I don't really have emotions. I only feel one thing, pain. The only thing keeping me from falling completely is that it is possible to get Kol and Elena back, although that isn't certain. If we can't get them back I will be the most unpredictable person on earth. I have no idea about what is going to happen, all I can do is hope that my true love will come back to me. So actually I feel something else, hope. And that is more powerful than any other feeling. Once that's gone darkness takes over.

-

The car ride was very quiet. Klaus was driving and Elijah was sat in the front. Damon and Alicia in the back both looking out of the window. Eventually they made it into Chicago but it seemed to take forever. They pulled up outside of a cute little house and all got out of the car. Klaus went up the steps to the door and knocked loudly, everyone else followed. A woman with milk chocolate skin and an old face opened the door shyly.

"Hello love, we need you." Klaus said confidently. The woman just nodded and stepped outside. "Aren't you going to invite us in?" Klaus seemed a little annoyed. Alicia frowned at him.

"You know I would be foolish to do that, Niklaus Mikaelson." The woman replied, a hint of fear in her voice.

"Very well." Klaus replied.

"What can I do for you?" The woman asked. And with that Klaus went into the story about how Kol and Elena had died and how the woman -Alicia had learnt her name was Helen- could help bring them back.

"You want me to bring two vampires back from the dead?" Helen said, looking as if it was such ridiculous idea.

"Yes. Well, your coven and you." Klaus said.

"Why should we do this?" Helen asked a little daringly.

"You haven't heard the stories where my family saved your coven in the 20's?"

"Yes. I'm guessing this is you getting even."

"Correct. Now about getting them back. When can that be done?"

"You'll have to wait for the next full moon and I'll need the blood of another doppelgänger, but in sure it will work." Helen told them. Alicia heard Damon suck in his breath and after a while he let it go fast. Alicia could tell he was nervous. Damon sighed and walked back to the car. Helen looked back at Klaus. "I'll talk to my coven tomorrow and we will organise this. By the full moon you should have them back."

"Thank you Helen." Elijah said before Klaus could say something idiotic or offensive.

"Yes, thank you." Klaus gave an annoyed glance to his brother. They both started to walk to the door. Alicia turned to Helen, gave her a smile, mouthed a 'thank you' and ran after the three men, she quickly jumped into the car and off they went to one of the very many Mikaelson family homes.

-

They arrived outside a grand house, very well looked after and clearly very expensive. Alicia knew straight away it was a Mikaelson mansion. They all got their things out of the car and took them into the house. Elijah showed Damon and Alicia their rooms and they unpacked.

Alicia showered and slipped her favourite pyjamas on, grey with flowery patterns and cotton material. She put her slippers and dressing gown on and walked down to the living room where the Mikaelson's and Damon were drinking. She poured herself a drink and joined them. No-one was talking. After an hour and a half and 3 bottles of bourbon (mainly drunk by Damon) Alicia decided to go to bed.

She climbed into bed and turned on her music, carefully placing her headphones in her ears so the music played louder. No mater what song she listened to they all seemed like sad songs, ones you'd hear at funerals. For the first time many years, Alicia cried herself to sleep. Images of Kol and Isabelle moving around her head.