An original love story: *chapter forty*

Dear diary,

I'm engaged to Kol Mikaelson, an original vampire and a huge player. Surprisingly, it was his idea. I have no idea how I got him to settle down and stop sleeping with a different woman every night, but I did it.

It feels weird not having Isabelle here with me, but Kol takes a lot of the pain away.

Rebekah is already planning our wedding since I said I didn't want to do it, she is going to be my maid of honour and Hope and Hayley are going to be my bridesmaids. Rebekah says she wants a summer wedding for me, so it's going to be in 10 months.

Anyway, I should get back to them, bye diary.

-

While Hayley and Rebekah put Hope to bed, Klaus and Elijah went to the shop to get more alcohol, Kol was putting snacks and blood bags out, Alicia had wrote in her diary.

As Alicia started walking down the stairs from writing her diary her phone started ringing. It was Stefan.

"Hey Stefan, what's up?"

"So I've just heard from Caroline you're marrying Kol."

"How does she know?"

"She and Klaus text occasionally and he told her."

"Yes, I am marrying Kol."

"Wow, I didn't think Kol would ever get married."

"Me neither. I don't think anyone did. Anyway, I have to go. Tell everyone I say hi."

"Okay, bye Lis."

"Bye Stefan." Alicia quickly put her phone in her pocket and ran into the living room, pouncing onto her fiancée, making him jump. She laughed lightly at the sight of a frightened Kol.

Everyone entered the room at around the same time after that. !Despite everyone being a little tipsy already from drinking the remaining bottles in the house, Rebekah insisted they celebrated through the night. And so they did.

-

Alicia woke up in her bed, her head was pounding and the last thing she remembered was playing flip, sip or strip with the others. Alicia also remembered Elijah getting drunk and beginning to strip. Klaus eventually stopped him, clearly embarrassed by his brothers abnormal behaviour.

When Alicia turned around she was alone, thankfully. For some reason she expected to wake up next to Kol. It was a sort of relief not having to face him while she felt this bad.

She showered and pulled on a coral top the hung loosely and denim shorts with some coral sandals to match and walked downstairs. She felt better now.

Alicia heard light snoring from the kitchen. Elijah was asleep with a glass in his hand and his head resting on the worktop while he sat on a chair. Alicia laughed softly and walked over to him, she nudged him awake.

"Elijah, get up."

"Why?" He moaned. He sounded like a teenager being woke up by his parents.

"Go to bed, you shouldn't sleep like that." He grunted and got up. His shirt was open from the stripping and his tie, jacket and shoes were missing. He stumbled up to his room, tripping on one of the steps causing Alicia to laugh and Elijah to wake up more.

Alicia tidied the house, well downstairs. It took a while because of all the mess they had made last night, spilled drinks, random cups and glasses, snacks and empty blood bags everywhere.

Three bags of rubbish and a severely cleaned floor later and Alicia had finally finished. It was 9:27, and people were starting to wake up.

Hope was eating breakfast while Hayley was braiding her daughters wet hair and Klaus and Elijah were both holding their heads in their hands. Neither of them had gone in the shower yet. Whenever Alicia did that it made her feel worse.

Kol and Rebekah came down the stairs, clean but still looking rough. Rebekah had a huge folder with her and when she came into the kitchen she slammed it onto the worktop, creating a loud bang and making everyone flinch and groan at the noise.

"What is that?" Klaus said, moving one of his fingers to look at the huge folder stuffed with pieces of paper that looked like they had been ripped out of magazines.

"It my wedding planner."

"What?" Alicia said.

"How long have you had that?" Kol asked.

"A while. And today we are going to start planning this wedding." Alicia groaned and rolled her eyes. They didn't need to start planning this yet, Rebekah was so eager. And Alicia knew she would not be able to get out of this.