An original love story: *chapter twenty-two*

The sun had gone down now. Alicia had spent all day stumbling around the woodland and throwing up blood. She had just fallen over a tree root and was struggling to get up when she saw Isabelle. She was covered in blood, it ran down her top and out of her mouth. She looked exactly how she did when she died. Alicia got up and ran to her, stumbling as she went but with a blink of the eye Isabelle was gone again. Alicia heard footsteps and swirled to see who it was. Her vision was blurry and she kept tripping over. She bumped into a tree and looked around wildly. Stefan and Damon appeared in front of her and she screamed. They bent down to comfort her.
"Hey lis, hey! Calm down! Shh." Stefan said wrapping his arms around her. She winced when he put his arm near her shoulder. Damon pulled her away from Stefan and stood her in the moonlight. He looked at her neck.
"God that's bad lis. We need to get you back to Klaus now, you need healing."
"He won't heal me."
"He will if we ask him to." Stefan said.
"No one is going to ask for my life." She stumbled and they both caught her, each pulling an arm around of their shoulders. They started to drag her to the house.
"We're not going to let you die."
"Guys promise me non of you will go in that house again."
"Fine." Stefan said. "But what are we suppose to do about you? Let you die?"
"I have an idea." She said.
"Your ideas aren't the best lately." Damon cut in, Alicia laughed.
"Let's let them watch me die, I have a few hours left yet. You could take me to the house and I'll go inside and they can watch me die. Klaus might actually heal me without us having to beg. And if he doesn't then he gets to remember the last moments he spent with his best friend forever."
"Kol might even beg him to save your life." Damon said. They were near the house now and in the distance Alicia could see everyone stood outside and Caroline was arguing with Klaus in the doorway. Alaric noticed them and rushed over to help. Stefan and Damon removed Alicia's arms from their shoulder but kept a firm grip on her so she wouldn't fall. They stumbled toward the cabin and inside Alicia could see Kol, he looked very upset.
"Heal her Klaus!" Caroline almost shouted.
"It's fine Caroline, if he wants me dead then okay." Alicia said as she neared the cabin door. The men let go of her and she turned and gave them a huge hug. "I'll call tomorrow if I'm not dead. I might even visit one day." She meant it as humorous but they just pulled her closer and then let her go. She smiled at them. "please go, you have until the full moon in a few days before you need to watch your backs. Go enjoy it while it lasts." Alicia felt drowsy.
"Yeah, we'll go. Just let us know as soon as you're okay, okay?" Stefan said.
"Yeah sure." everyone had crowded around and Stefan had his arms wrapped around her again. She wrapped hers around him and after a few seconds they let go. Everyone had got their things packed and were all saying goodbye to Alicia. She got a huge hug off Caroline and a little hug off everyone else. Marcel stood back while everyone left and once all the cars had gone he came over to Alicia. "Please tell me you're going to go too." she said. He laughed at her.
"If you want me to." Alicia nodded and he wrapped her arms around her. If she'd had her emotions on she might have shed a few tears.
"I would like you to stay safe." She said into his chest. He let go of her and looked at her.
"Then I should go."
"Say hi to everyone from me."
"I will. But lis, let me know if you're okay too."
"I will." And with that Marcel got into his car and left, waving as he went.

-

Alicia managed to stumble into the house, but nearly fell and would have done if a pair of arms hadn't caught her. She looked up to see Kol. He lifted her up and carried her to the sofa, very gently placing her down and pulling blankets over her. She felt cold but was sweating, something she hadn't done since she was turned into a vampire. She didn't realise it but Kol was stroking her hair and dabbing her face with a wet cloth. The cloth came away red. Kol kissed her head and then stood up and walked away, he was replaced by Klaus.
"Hello love, rough day?" he said in a sarcastic tone.
"Piss off Klaus." Alicia turned to face the sofa.
"Your bite looks bad."
"Seriously leave me alone."
"Let me heal you."
"What, your plan to get free not working and you don't actually want me dead?"
"I didn't think you would get a witch to lower the spell so I just wanted to cause you pain. I would have healed you later but you ran off. You aren't as predicable as I thought you were."
"Spur of the moment is my kind of thing."
"I know. I'm sorry about the bite. It wasn't necessary."
"No it wasn't."
"Drink my blood and it will heal you." Alicia could see Klaus's arm in the corner of her eye. She turned to face him. "Please lis. I don't want you to die." She grabbed his wrist and made her face change into vampire mode. She sunk her fangs into his wrist and drank. Within seconds her neck started healing and the pain eased. She was herself again, no more sweats or visions, no excruciating pain running through her body. She felt relieved. Alicia got up and pulled her phone out to text Marcel.
I'm okay, be safe please.
And then she text Stefan.
I'll visit when I can, thanks for everything. Be safe, be careful.
Alicia then turned to the mini fridge and pulled out a blood bag, she opened it and drank the whole bag, all the vomiting earlier made her thirsty. Klaus had joined her and when they had done they threw the bags down and Alicia went to bed.