An original love story: *chapter thirty-nine*

Kol hugged Alicia tightly when he heard her reply. They were now engaged and she was happy. Kol pulled her on top of him and kissed her.

"Are you sure you want this?" Alicia asked.

"Yes I do."

"Good." She kissed him more, he moved his lips to her neck making her moan with pleasure. He knew she loved that.

They were interrupted by the buzzing of Alicia's phone. She pulled it out of her pocket and answered her text message.

How are things? -Klaus

Great, come home and I'll tell you what happened -Alicia

On our way -Klaus

"Your brothers are on their way home, you should get dressed." Alicia told Kol, he nodded and quickly kissed her them got up to get ready.

-

Klaus and Elijah arrived home a few minutes later. Klaus walked straight over to Alicia, looking like a teenage girl eager for gossip.

"So what happened?"

"Not so fast brother," Kol's voice boomed across the house. He jumped off the top of the stairs and landed gracefully on his feet at the bottom. "I still need to do something."

Kol walked over to Alicia and grabbed her left hand. He gently placed a silver ring with a large diamond onto her ring finger. It glinted in the light.

"Now it's official." He said gently.

"Kol it's beautiful. Thank you." Alicia kissed h on the cheek and turned back to face Klaus. He was staring at them with his eyebrows up.

"I take it things went well?" Alicia nodded at Klaus's question. "Congratulations."

"Yes congratulations." Elijah said.

"Thank you." Alicia and Kol said in unison. Klaus walked away and downstairs into the cellar and returned quickly with a bottle of champagne. He grabbed four glasses from the cupboard and placed them next to the bottle. He grabbed the bottle again and opened it, it opened with a loud pop and Klaus began pouring the liquid into all four glasses. They all took a glass and Klaus held his high.

"A toast, to the happy couple. May you live a long and happy life together, you deserve it."

"Cheers!" Alicia shouted.

"Cheers!" The men repeated after her. They clinked their glasses together as a celebratory movement and sipped their champagne.

- three weeks later

Hayley, Rebekah and Hope arrived back in the Mikaelson mansion in the early afternoon. Klaus had told them that they were coming home to exiting news so when Rebekah went through the door she ran straight over to Klaus, clearly eager to know what was happening.

"What is it? You said it was big."

"Ask Alicia." Klaus replied with a smile. Rebekah turned to Alicia just as Kol walked over to Alicia and wrapped his arms around her. He kissed her forehead causing Rebekah to raise her eyebrows. Rebekah didn't really know that Alicia and Kol were together.

"Come on! Just tell me!" Rebekah looked a little annoyed.

"We're engaged." Kol told his little sister. Alicia held up her hand so she could see the ring. Rebekah squealed and grabbed Alicia's hand to get a closer look.

"Oh my goodness, when did this happen?"

"About three weeks ago." Alicia told Rebekah.

"I didn't even know you guys were together."

"It was complicated."

"This ring is beautiful, congratulations."

"Thank you." Hayley walked over with Hope and they looked at the ring.

"Wow, that's gorgeous Lis, congratulations." Hayley said.

"Thanks."