An original love story: *chapter thirty-seven*

The house was surprisingly empty. Great. She got to spend quality time with Kol.

"Where is everyone?" She asked Kol.

"Rebekah, Hayley and Hope have moved out for a few weeks and Klaus and Elijah are sorting something out in town."

"Why did I have to come then?"

"Klaus says it isn't safe for you outside."

"Wow didn't know he cared that much."

"Of course he cares. You're his best friend, he cares about those close to him."

"Mhm. Do you know what 'isn't safe?'"

"No he hasn't told me. I'm sure he'll tell us later."

"Yeah." The silence was back.

"So, marriage not for you?" Kol asked after a few minutes, he clearly thought it was a little awkward too.

"Have you ever thought about getting married?" Alicia asked back.

"Nope. Never thought about it."

"Well, why would you if you spent 1000 years sleeping with a different woman every night?" He laughed lightly at that.

"What about you, you ever pictured you dream wedding?" He asked.

"Yes, although it was many years ago. I imagined a wedding with a prince when I was very young. Then when I got my first boyfriend I imagined a few weddings like that. And when I fell in love in high school I had one dream of a wedding, but the idea of marriage just got strange after that."

"Would you ever get married?"

"I don't know, the idea of marriage for vampires is a little strange."

"Bella and Edward got married." Kol argued.

"You've seen twilight?" Alicia laughed. "And that's not real! Plus it made sense for them anyway."

"True. Wait, why does it only make sense for them?"

"Because that's the only way he would sleep with her. You don't get much of that these days." She smiled at him, he walked up close to her and gently pressed his lips to hers. She kissed him back and lifted her arms up around his neck. He grabbed her waist and lifted her up, using his vampire speed to go into his room. He laid her down on his bed where he began kissing her neck and jaw. He knew she loved that. Kol pulled his leather jacket and top off and began kissing her again. They did this a lot but they both loved it.

-

Alicia had her head resting on Kol's chest, she was tracing his muscles with her fingers and he was stroking her hair. They lay comfortably under soft blankets.

The Mikaelsons still hadn't returned which was a bonus, Alicia liked spending time with Kol alone. He was just a great person to be around. She decided this was her chance to tell Kol she loved him.

"Kol?"

"Yes darling?"

"I love you." She felt him smile and laugh softy.

"I love you too, I love you very much Lis." She just giggled, his words gave her butterflies. "I've never felt this way before." He whispered. She looked up at him for a few seconds and then kissed him. He cupped her face and moved her so she was later down. Alicia ran her fingers through his soft hair. After a few minutes of kissing, Kol broke the kiss away. Alicia just frowned at him.

"Alicia?"

"Yes Kol?"

"Marry me?"