An original love story: *chapter five*

Alicia pulled on black skinny jeans and a dark blue vest top and left the bathroom. Kol was there again, making her scream, yet again. He laughed at her and she just looked at him with an annoyed look.
"What do you want Kol?" She said, the annoyance in her voice clear.
"I'm bored and I don't know you, so I thought-"
"You thought you'd annoy me?" she cut in.
He laughed. "I thought I'd get to know you."
Alicia raised an eyebrow at him. From what she had gathered about Kol, he didn't seem like the 'getting to know you' type. But all she said was:
"Fine."
Alicia walked out of the bedroom, Kol following her out.
"Klaus told me you're pregnant, how did that happen?"
A smile appeared on Alicia's face, but the sort of smile you give when you're annoyed.
"Of all the things to bring up, you bring up that." Shaking her head slightly.
"It's one of the few things I know about you."
"What else do you know about me?"
"Your name is Alicia James, you're 18, you've not seen your family in over a year-"
"Wait how do you know that?
"Klaus told me some things after you went to bed."
"Oh, okay." There was a silence for what seemed like forever. Alicia just realised that they had started walking outside. She saw the tree she liked to read under and smiled at it. Kol followed her gaze and said:
"Why are you smiling at a tree?"
"It's where I like to go to read or be on my own." She replied. He smiled at her.
"So, tell me about this pregnancy. Who's the lucky father to be?"
"Why are you so interested in that?"
"I don't know."
Alicia sighed, "It was my old high school crush, we went to a party and got really drunk and I don't remember the rest. I regret it so much."
Kol laughed at her. "That'll teach you to handle your alcohol properly."
"So tell me about you." Alicia said, wanting to change the subject.
"I'm Kol Mikaelson, I'm over 1000 years old, I am an original vampire, and I am single."
Alicia laughed at that. It seemed like a funny thing to add next to all the crazy things he just said.
They made their way back to the house, talking about New Orleans and Klaus and vampires. Getting on surprisingly well compared to their first meeting.

-

"Hello love, enjoyed your little walk?" Alicia heard Klaus's voice as soon as she stepped through the doorway.
"It was great." Alicia replied, knowing he didn't approve of her going out with Kol by herself.
A figure came through the front doors then, Marcel Gerard.
"Hi Alicia."
"Hey Marcel, what's up?"
"Nothing, but I'm glad you're here, I brought you a present, just a little welcoming gift. I know it's a bit late but oh well."
"Thank you."
Marcel produced a little square box from his jeans pocket. He held it out to Alicia and she opened it carefully, not wanting to drop it with her clumsy fingers. There was a lovely little necklace inside, a gorgeous little dark green stone on the end of a silver chain.
"It's an emerald, I thought the colour matched your eyes."
Alicia jumped up and flung her arms around him, quietly saying:
"Thank you, I love it."
He then put her down and looked into her eyes, taking the box out of her hand as he did so.
"I want you to wear this necklace everyday, you must never take it off." He broke their eye contact and picked up the box again, taking the beautiful necklace out and putting it around Alicia's neck.
"You compelled her, why?" Klaus's voice clear as he Marcel clipped the necklace into place.
"So you lot couldn't anymore."
"We've never compelled her, and I wasn't planning on it." Klaus told Marcel.
"You might not have compelled her, but someone might." Marcel turned his gaze to Kol. Kol rolled his eyes at him and walked to the kitchen, pouring himself a strong drink.
"What's compelling?" Alicia asked curiously.
"Mind control, and what's in that necklace stops them from controlling you." Marcel explained. "I better go, goodbye."
"Bye."

-

Two months had gone by. Alicia, after many weeks of debate about getting rid of the baby, was finally persuaded by Rebekah to keep it, and had grown a little bump.
Kol had attempted on several occasions to try get to know her, but she had kept pushing him away. First impressions always stuck with her and she didn't like her first impression of Kol. She avoided him whenever she could. But she didn't want to be totally apart from Kol, she wanted to be near him for some reason. She wished she didn't, but people can't help their feelings.
Alicia was reading the first book of 'the mortal instruments' when everyone came in, confused looks on their faces. Klaus then came in with his usual, confident stride, a smile on his face. Alicia set her book down and waited for his announcement.
"Everyone pack your bags, were moving to England, to a little town in West Yorkshire." he said, his gaze constantly on Alicia. Her eyes widened with surprise and her mouth twisted with fury. He was trying to make her go home. To the place she left and never wanted to see again.