An original love story: *chapter ten*

They arrived at café Capri, it was a cute little shop that was lively but not crowded.
They all told stories of what new had happened and told Alicia stories of what happened when she went away. Alicia told some stories of what happened when she went to America but wasn't paying too much attention to the conversation. Her mind was on Kol.
After about four hours of talking they decided that that was enough for today. They got into the car and Alicia drove to the Mikaelson's where Willows car was.
"Today was great." Alicia said, determined not to think about Kol for another second. It didn't work well.
"It was, I'm glad we got to do this. We've missed you." Isla replied. The others agreed.
"We should do it again." Willow nearly shouted with excitement.
"Okay, I shall let you know when I am free." Alicia told them.
They arrived at the house, Kol and Klaus came out and got Isabelle and her things while Alicia said goodbye. On his way back to the house Kol caught Alicia's eye, the girls noticed and glanced at each other and had a funny smile on their faces.
"Stop it." Alicia told them when Kol had gone back inside.
"Stop what?" Jem asked innocently.
"You know what." they just giggled at her.
"Have fun while we're gone." Willow said in a tone like she knew what was going to happen when they left. Alicia just rolled her eyes at them and waved. She started up the steps when Klaus appeared in the doorway. He smiled the same smile that Jem, Willow and Isla had on their faces. Like he knew what they were talking about.
"What?" she asked cautiously.
"I agree with what they say, I've also noticed." He said. Alicia sighed and shook her head to clear it. She just walked past him, not saying anything.

Alicia met with her high school friends frequently. She even bumped into her high school enemy's. She saw Jack quite often, but refused to speak to him for long.

- one year later

Alicia still had feelings for Kol. She hadn't admitted them to anyone, and thankfully Klaus hadn't said anything. But Alicia needed a break from the Mikaelson's. She couldn't stay like that much longer, no matter how much she loved them all. She had to go for a little while, she had to let Isabelle grow up some more before she could live with them again.
Klaus was out walking with Alicia one day instead of Kol.
"So, when are you going to admit your feelings for my brother?" he blurted out. She just looked at him. She didn't like lying and he already knew she liked Kol. She just sighed. "Okay, fine, don't."
They walked in silence for a little bit then Klaus's head shot up, Alicia knew there was something wrong. Loud bangs shot though the air and Klaus dropped to the ground, blood trickled down his shirt. Terrified, Alicia tried to help him, but heard bangs again and clutched her stomach. She felt a warm liquid run through her hands. The stench of blood overtook the fresh smell of woodland. Alicia dropped to the ground and felt another bullet go through her chest. She felt the life draining away from her as every drop of blood stained the grass and twigs around her. She saw a shadow in front of her and felt something warm fill her mouth. She swallowed and some of the bleeding stopped. But she screamed because her bullet wounds had something fishing the bullets out. Tears were in her eyes and she gasped for breath over the pain. Then nearly all the pain was gone. She felt weak but whole. Someone was lifting her up.
"We need to get out of here." said Klaus. They moved faster that humanly possible. And within seconds she was laying down on one of the Mikaelson's comfy sofas. She recognised Kol's worried murmurs and Hayley's caring tone. Someone was putting cold cloths on her forehead. Alicia managed to fall asleep despite the worry surrounding her.

Alicia's head was pounding when she woke up. She expected to see either her room or the Mikaelson living room. She got neither. She was laying on top of many blankets and had one wrapped around her. She got up, curious as to her whereabouts but found nothing but a dimly lit room.

After a few more hours sleep Alicia woke to loud voices and painful movement. She was being ungently carried somewhere. She was then exposed to bright light that brought tears to her eyes. She then felt as if she was being lifted high up in the air. She was. She and the stranger were on a rooftop. Alicia looked at the unfamiliar face.
"Who are you? What am I doing here?" Alicia had always hated it when people said that as soon as they saw the person who took them, but couldn't think of anything else to say. The man grinned a horrible grin and said nothing.
After about ten minutes of silence and slight panicking from Alicia because she hated heights, the man rose.
"Ah, here comes the man we've been waiting for." he was looking down at the road so far below them. Klaus was walking, he was covered in blood and his shirt was ripped. Alicia's heart leaped at the sight of him, but she knew she could not go back to him and forget this. She knew something bad was going to happen. Alicia missed Isabelle, she wanted to see her more then anyone.
"Let her go." Klaus's voice clear and cold.
"How about no. Klaus it is time I claimed my revenge. You took everything away from me just because you didn't get your own way straight away. I've been watching you closely and it seems you would protect this girl more than anyone. And since she's human she is the perfect target." Fear overtook Alicia's happiness. Not only was something bad going to happen, it was going to happen to her. "I do not know how to kill an original and there was no way I was going to risk killing a hybrid, so I took your precious friend." The man stroked Alicia's hair and she flinched. People were emerging in the street below. They were armed and masked. Distracted by all the people Klaus didn't notice the man had produced a knife from his pocket. The blade was quiet long. The man grabbed Alicia and held her near the edge of the roof. She screamed and Klaus looked back up.
"No! Let her go, this has nothing to do with her." Klaus yelled. The man said nothing, he just held the knife to Alicia's throat and pulled it. Warm liquid trickled down Alicia's front. The man let her go and she just fell to the ground, her life drained out of her before she hit it.