An original love story: *chapter thirteen*

Driving away from the Mikaelson house was the hardest thing Alicia had ever had to do. Even harder then seeing her family walk away from her or even giving birth to Isabelle. Tears rolled down her face as she took one last look at the house filled with her nearest and dearest as sped away into the night, Isabelle sleeping as they went.

-

First stop, New Orleans. Alicia needed to talk to Marcel. She and Isabelle arrived late the next day, the Mikaelson's were probably looking for them now but that wasn't going to stop her.
Marcel, as Alicia had guessed, was drinking. He was on the phone to someone. Alicia could just make out the conversation.
"Okay I'll keep an eye out, I'll let you know if I see her." Marcel said. Alicia made out a little 'thank you' Marcel looked up to see Alicia. "Look Klaus I've gotta go, I'll let you know if she shows up." He smiled at Alicia and she smiled back. Klaus and Marcel were talking about her.
Marcel placed his phone on the table next to him and jumped up, Alicia just managed to finish putting Isabelle's things on the floor before he picked her up and gave her a huge hug. She hugged him back and then he placed her back down.
"Good to see you lis, run away from the Mikaelson's I hear."
"For now."
"Klaus said you wanted your daughters life to be supernatural-being free. I don't think this is a good place to be for that." He looked around at his friends, all I whom were vampires.
"I'm just visiting friends and making allies. Gotta have some if you're trying to keep a family of originals away."
"I wouldn't trust too many people. Klaus has many people on his to kill list and they will do anything to get off it. Just watch your back."
"I will, thanks."
Marcel poured himself a drink and Alicia one too. "so do you like your daylight ring?" he looked at her finger.
"It's great. I love it, thanks." She took a big gulp of the strong alcoholic drink. It burned her throat and warned her insides.
"Good. So why are you here?"
"I felt like visiting. I won't tell you where I'm going next, but I'm visiting people all over the world. Then I'm going to live a happy life and keep running whenever an original is in town."
"Good plan."
"You won't tell them I'm here will you?"
"No, but this probably means they will move back here you know."
"Good look with that." Alicia said and finished her drink. "Right, I better go, goodbye Marcel, have fun with the originals." She waved and was on her way again.

-

Mystic Falls was just how she remembered it. Alicia had got a little apartment that she was renting. She knew she would get the place free if she compelled the owner, but that felt wrong.
It was in that apartment where Isabelle took her first steps. She seemed so pleased with herself that it made Alicia laugh hard.
The next day Alicia decided to pay a visit to the Salvatore boarding house where she learnt the names of everyone there and met Damon's friend Enzo, but he had left soon after.
Elena, Bonnie and Caroline had entertained Isabelle for a few hours and had taken her out for the rest of the day while Alicia drunk a bottle of Damon's finest bourbon. She, Stefan, Damon and Alaric talked about the originals mainly. But also about random things Alicia had no knowledge of.
Later on Damon got a text from Elena:
Just seen Kol and Klaus in Mystic Grill. They asked about Alicia.
This got them all nervous. Damon had moved Alicia's car into the garage and then they all moved down into the basement where they would be able to hear an original enter and easily be able to hide Alicia.
Alicia saw that a plant was growing in the corner of the room. She went over to look at it.
"That's revain." Stefan said behind her. She touched it and it burned her fingers.
"You should really build up an immunity to this stuff if you're going to be traveling by yourself while being chased by the originals." Alaric said. She nodded. Stefan put on a glove and picked up some scissors, he cut a few stems off and put them into a plastic bag.
"Here, you should take a little each day and wear some too." Stefan said.
Damon then entered, he'd been on the phone to Elena.
"Elena is bringing Isabelle back before anyone sees her while Bonnie and Caroline distract Kol and Klaus. Although I don't think it's safe enough for you to run yet." Alicia nodded.
"Thank you." She replied. Someone then walked through the door. Alicia started to walk to go upstairs but her way was blocked by Damon, he looked worried. Stefan and Alaric then shot their heads up and after a few seconds so did Alicia. There was several people upstairs. All the men looked at each other and Damon and Alaric moved out of the room, Stefan moved closer to Alicia then pulled her against the wall so she was out out view. He pressed his finger to his lips and Alicia was as silent and possible. She heard conversation upstairs.
"Ah Damon. Where is she?"
"Where's who?" Damon asked in a convincing tone.
"Alicia, I know she's around here somewhere, I recognise her smell."
"You're out of luck, she left here early this morning when we were informed that you had returned." Alaric cut in.
"Where's stefa-?" before Klaus could finish Stefan had got a bottle from the hundreds gathered together and was upstairs.
"Hello Klaus, what are you doing here?"
"I'm looking for Alicia, where is she?"
"She left this morning, why?"
"Did she say where she was going?"
"Why would she tell us that?" Damon said, clearly annoyed. "There was a reason she left, she doesn't want to be followed, just let her go."
Alicia heard the whooshing of movement and someone was downstairs. She heard another person behind them. Kol came storming into the room where Alicia was hiding. Surprise, anger and happiness on his face all at he same time. Before he could say anything hands had grabbed his head and twisted. Alicia heard the snapping of bone. Kol fell to the floor and behind him stood Alaric, smiling.