An original love story: *chapter forty-four*

"Are you ready for this?" Damon asked Alicia, he had noticed she was panicking slightly, her breathing was loud and uneven. She nodded and tried to control her shakiness.

"It's time." Rebekah said surprisingly calmly. Stefan and Damon held an arm out each, Alicia took them and Hayley passed Alicia her flowers.

"Let's get this over with." Alicia said. Rebekah went to the door and nodded, music started to play. Alicia recognised the song, long time traveller by wailin jennys. Not your usual wedding music, but it was better than usual wedding music.

Rebekah whispered 'go' and off they went out the door. Alicia was grateful to have a Salvatore on each arm, they were stopping her from falling to the ground in panic. They reached the aisle and when Alicia looked down it, all her worry and panic went. The sight of Kol calmed her. He look so handsome in his suit, he was smiling at her, causing her to smile back and have to stop herself from running to him. His brothers stood next to him. It made Alicia realise how much family meant to them. Only 16 years of Alicia and her parents disowned her, 1000 years together and they're closer than ever. They were her family too, along with Hayley, Hope and Rebekah, that was good enough for Alicia.

They walked slowly down the aisle, Alicia didn't take much notice of the guests, she was too fixed on Kol. Her bridesmaids were sprinkling blood red rose petals, they matched their dresses.

When they reached the end both the Salvatores kissed Alicia on the cheeks and took their seats next to the Mystic Falls clan. Alicia took Kol's hand and passed her lily bunch to Rebekah. She placed bother her hands in Kol's.

The minister began. He did all his speaking and then it was time for the vows. Rebekah had made them write their own vows and memorise them. Kol started.

"Alicia, my Alicia, my darling. It feels like I've lived 1000 years without true love," that caused the many vampires in the crowd to give a light laugh. The humans -Alicia noticed Willow, Jem and Isla on one row and Jack and Becky on another, along with some other high school friends- just looked confused at the laughter. "But with you, I've never felt so complete. You complete me Lis, thank you for that. I promise to take care of you for the rest of our lives, however long that will be. I promise you I will try my hardest to keep you from harm and heartbreak. I promise to love you, always and forever." It made Alicia emotional, and grin even more.

"Kol Mikaelson. My life felt empty before you burst into it with your charm and arrogance. The first time I saw you I felt something, over the years it grew into a great love. It is that love that fills my life with happiness and joy. I promise, no matter what, to stick by your side. I promise never to leave you. I promise to always watch over you. I promise to love you for the rest of my life. Forever is a very long time, but I wouldn't mind spending it by your side. This is our original love story. Thank you for a great life Kol."

After that, they exchanged rings and the minister declared them husband and wife. They kissed and Kol picked Alicia up bridal style. She couldn't stop laughing while she demanded he put her down so he didn't take her seriously. Everyone followed them into the canopy where everyone took their seats. All the Mikaelson's were at one table. Oh my goodness, I'm a Mikaelson. Alicia Mikaelson. Alicia thought, the thought shocked her stiff.

"Hey." Kol nudged her. She smiled at him and grabbed the champagne from the middle of the table. Kol helped her open it and poured everyone drinks. He even poured Hope one making Hayley give him evil eyes. He just winked at her.

Waiters we're bringing out food, even though half of the guests wouldn't eat it since they were vampires. There was a clinking sound coming from one of the tables, everyone turned to see Damon with his glass raised.

"To the happy couple, may you be happy together forever. She deserves happiness, treat her good Kol, okay?" Kol nodded. "Cheers!"

"Cheers!" Everyone repeated after Damon and took a sip from their drink.

After people finished eating, there was a lot of chatter and laughter before everyone got moved out of the canopy and into the garden for a photo shoot. Waiters were adding more chairs into the canopy.

Alicia was in nearly every one of the photos. Vampirism had turned her ugly, horrible faces into photogenic, perfect pictures.

After the photo shoot the band arrived, along with the DJ and evening guests.

"Time for first dance." Rebekah told Alicia and Kol. They were about to decline when Rebekah silenced them and pulled them on the dance floor.