She really said it, KK

Sara: 

 Everything plunged into darkness, an abyss of pure obscurity.

 I was devoid of sensation, an overwhelming emptiness engulfed me. The cold was relentless, akin to being trapped in the frigid depths of an ocean devoid of life. It was an eerie cold, one that seeped into my very soul. 

 Suddenly, I felt an irresistible force yanking me from the depths of this profound chill, propelling me upward at an unimaginable speed.

 As I ascended, the pitch-black void gave way to a glimmer of light, though my eyes remained tightly shut. Eventually, I summoned the courage to open my eyes. Before me, a pair of eyes locked onto mine, and the radiance in the surroundings allowed me to discern more features. 

Gradually, my eyes adapted to this newfound brilliance. And then, I beheld a face, a face that stirred a sense of recognition deep within me. It was an enigmatic countenance, both familiar and mysterious.

 "Am I dead?" I ventured to ask. 

 Chitragupta, with an air of solemnity, replied, "Yes, you are, at least for the present." The confirmation of my demise sent a shiver down my spine.

 "Padma, how can she live without me?" I questioned, my voice trembling with a pang of sadness and regret. I needed to tread carefully and exercise caution. I should have been more vigilant to ensure my safety, all for the sake of providing for my daughter, yet I had failed.

 "Why, Sara? Why did the love of Dev blind you so profoundly?" I muttered to myself. It was as if everything had crumbled, leaving me wondering about the uncertain future.

 "What will you do now, Sara? How can she live without me? Will she long for me, and how will she react when she discovers that I left her alone and ventured so far away?" 

 "Sara," Chitragupta's voice broke through my contemplation. I turned to him. 

 "Come on, let's talk as we walk," Chitragupta suggested. 

 "What's there to talk about now, after everything's gone?" I responded, my emotions a turbulent mix of anger and regret. 

 "Hear me out, come on, let's walk," Chitragupta insisted.

 I let out an exasperated sigh and began to walk alongside him. We walked in silence for a while, the weight of the situation pressing heavily on me. "How are you feeling now?" Chitragupta finally inquired. 

 "Terrible, you know what? Even worse," I replied, my frustration evident. 

Chitragupta sighed, acknowledging the pain I was going through. "You knew it from the beginning, didn't you?" I questioned, the bitterness in my voice evident. 

"About Dev? His memories being erased from him?" I continued to press for answers.

 Chitragupta looked at me, and I expected him to deny my accusations, but he remained silent. "How could you do this to me?" I burst out. 

"You always claimed to treat me as your own daughter, but now I see that those were just empty words, not from the heart." Chitragupta attempted to speak, but I cut him off.

 "Would you have done this if you truly regarded me as your own daughter? What kind of father would do such a thing to his own child?" I mocked, a bitter laughter escaping my lips. 

 "A father who knows that doing such a heart-breaking thing would save his daughter and his granddaughter would do this," Chitragupta responded, his voice carrying a weight of regret and sacrifice.