I can't. I can't do this again

SARA:

I noticed Madhav's movements and slowly opened my eyes. He had shifted, facing KK, still lost in slumber. KK, Rani, and Antara remained asleep. Slowly, I turned my gaze toward Dev. He was sound asleep, close beside me. It had been so long since I'd seen him sleeping so peacefully, right next to me. I could spend hours just watching him like this. His long lashes, those beautiful eyebrows—they held a unique charm.

Abruptly, the room was bathed in light. My attention darted towards the door, where Chitragupta stood. In his arms was Padma, her tiny arms wrapped around his neck, her head resting on his shoulder. With a gentle hold from his left arm, he flicked on the lights with his right. Unable to contain my emotions, I hurriedly slipped down from the bed, where Dev was resting, and rushed toward my daughter.

Chitragupta gently handed Padma back to me, and I cradled her close. "Ouch," I heard Dev groan.

Glancing back, I saw him on the floor. I must have pushed him in my excitement. He stood up and approached us, his concern evident. "Is she alright?" he inquired, gently touching Padma's head.

"For now," Chitragupta replied cryptically.

"What do you mean?" I asked, feeling a mix of worry and confusion.

"I managed to locate her; she was on the rooftop of a peculiar building. But she seemed hypnotized, as if someone had cast a spell on her," Chitragupta explained.

"What kind of spell?" I inquired.

"It's a form of control, an attempt to harness her energies for someone else's purposes," he responded.

"Who could have done this?" Dev inquired.

"I'm still uncertain," Chitragupta admitted.

"Is there a way to break this spell?" I asked anxiously.

"No, it doesn't work that way. They possess a fragment of her essence, allowing them control over her. We must retrieve it from them. As long as they hold onto this fragment, she remains under their influence," Chitragupta explained.

"What should I do now? Will she continue to disappear like this?" I asked, concerned.

"No, we need to keep her in a deep sleep," Chitragupta responded.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, furrowing my brow.

"She has to remain in a coma-like state for her safety," Chitragupta clarified.

"Coma? I can't accept this," I objected, troubled by the idea.

"Just until I find a way to break that spell. I need to locate the culprit and retrieve the essence," Chitragupta assured me.

"But can't I speak to her? I need to talk to her," I pleaded.

"I'll work on that. Meet me in my office at 11; we have a lot to discuss," Chitragupta instructed. I sighed in acknowledgment.

"Also, tell KK he can take leave if he wants," Chitragupta added, glancing at KK, who was lying on the bed with the others. I nodded in understanding as Chitragupta disappeared. I looked at Dev.

"Who could be behind all this? Who would do such a thing?" I asked.

"Someone who knows about your ability and Padma's ability," Dev suggested.

"Chitragupta, my parents, and the people in this room are the only ones aware of Padma's abilities," I pointed out.

"They wouldn't do something like this, and they're not capable of it," Dev reassured me.