Blend in, be forgettable, that's the key

I could hear whimpering, likely Sara. It was 3 in the morning, the same nightly occurrence. She was lying on her back, tears streaming down her face. I propped myself up with my elbow and gazed at her. Wiping away the tears, I sighed. Why was this happening every night? I gently reached over, turning her towards me and drew her close. I cradled her against me, shifting her leg over my hips and placing her arm around my waist. Her warm breath brushed against my collarbone, and I lightly tapped Padma's belly. Gradually, Sara's crying subsided as I held her tightly, planting a kiss on her forehead.

 The alarm went off, and as I opened my eyes, I glimpsed the ceiling. Sara's arm lay across my face, her right leg draped over me. Slowly, I moved her arm, realizing she was in a deep slumber, an unusual occurrence as she typically woke earlier. Her T-shirt had ridden up to reveal her belly, and I adjusted it gently. Observing her sleepy visage, I couldn't help but chuckle softly. I lightly pinched her chin, reminiscent of Krish's gestures. Why did he do that? 

 I sat up on the bed, finding her right leg resting on mine. Gently, I reached for her foot, applying light pressure like a massage. "Mmmmm," she groaned, shifting her feet. I chuckled as I observed her still in a sleepy state.

 My eyes caught something on her inner thigh just above her knee—a scar. I touched it gently, curious about how she got it. Lifting her leg over her knee for a clearer view, I heard Sara gasp and swiftly move her knee away from me. "What are you doing?" she asked, propping herself up with her elbows.

 "You woke up," I responded, somewhat inquisitively. 

"Yes, and what exactly are you doing?" Sara questioned. 

"How did you get that scar?" I asked, intrigued.

 "Were you really looking at my scar?" Sara asked in disbelief.

 "Yes, what did you think I was doing?" I questioned her back. 

"Don't touch my thighs like that," Sara said, sitting up abruptly. 

"Oh, did I wake you up by touching your thighs?" I raised an eyebrow. She hurriedly covered my mouth with her hand.

 "Why are you shouting like this? Madan might hear us," she hushed me, lowering her voice. I playfully touched her thigh. 

"Dev," she glared at me, removing her hand from my mouth and shifting my hand. 

"Why? Does it tickle you?" I asked, grinning at her. 

"Yes, it does," she replied. I placed my elbow on her thigh, leaning my face on my hand.

 "Ahhh," she shouted loudly and moved my hand, smacking my upper back. I laughed at her, thoroughly enjoying the teasing. I got down from the bed. 

"Dev, we need to hurry the process. We should find our daughter's essence from them," Sara said, her tone serious. 

"Yes, ask Arjun to go to Bangalore; the snake is ready. What about the IDs?" I asked. 

"I will ask him, and costumes?" Sara inquired. 

"I have arranged that; I will get them today itself," I reassured her. She nodded and stood, unexpectedly wrapping her arms around my waist. My arms were momentarily trapped within her embrace.

 "Thank you, Dev, for being with me in this. Without you, I don't know how I would have handled this. I am really glad for your return. I say it with my heart," she expressed, stepping back. I smiled at her, feeling a sense of relief and gratitude. I didn't know what to say, but I sensed that a certain heaviness had lifted from my heart. It was as if I had been awaiting these words from her, an acknowledgment of her happiness at my return.