we've never seen one but felt it

DEV:

It had been more than an hour. Sara seemed to be sleeping as her eyes were closed. I gazed at her peaceful face, then shifted my attention to her hair, forehead, perfect eyebrows, long lashes, cute nose – I couldn't help but chuckle. Her soft lips, delicate jawline, and slender neck made her look adorable.

 Perhaps she was upset about my request for her not to touch me, but she wouldn't understand the reason behind it. I was attempting to appear angry, yet she made it challenging for me. I couldn't allow her an easy way out after suspecting me of cheating on her. 

It truly hurt me, and I needed to be firm to prevent such misunderstandings in the future. I sighed. After two or three hours, I heard the sound of a door opening. 

"Sara," I whispered. 

She opened her eyes and looked at me. I thought she was sleeping, but she had been aware, responding to just the whisper of her name. I stood up, and she followed suit. We heard footsteps echoing in the room. After 10 minutes, another set of footsteps approached. 

 "Why did you choose this suit?" a male voice inquired. 

 "I don't know, I just did," a lady's voice responded. These were the same voices we overheard when we entered this closet. 

 "Oh, I wanted to use the navy one. That's okay, you chose it. I will wear it," the male voice said.

 "Oh no, come on, let's switch to the navy one. You will look even better in that," she insisted.

 "That's okay, darling," he replied, but he whispered the word 'darling.' 

 "Did you lock the door?" the woman asked. 

 "No," the man said.

 "Then who? I never lock the closet door," the lady said. 

 "It might have locked accidentally. Yesterday, we stumbled on it," the man explained. 

 "Careful, someone might hear it," the woman cautioned. The man chuckled.

 We heard the door sliding open from my side. Moving toward Sara, I placed my hand on the closet wall behind her over her head as I stood before her. Sara pressed herself to the wall, as if she didn't want to touch me. 

"Here, the navy one," the lady said, and then she closed the door. Sara and I both exhaled. Stepping back, I heard smacking sounds and their giggles.

 After a few minutes, they left, and there was no sign of anyone in the room. I slowly opened the door, and thankfully, it wasn't locked. I stepped out and waited for Sara. She emerged from the closet, whispering, "Finally."

 I walked to the door, listening for any signs of people outside. Sara closed the closet, and I cautiously opened the door to check. The hallway was empty. 

"Let's get out of here," I whispered to Sara, and she nodded. I stepped out, holding the door for her. Sara exited, and I closed the door behind us.

 Opening the window, I peered outside. It seemed clear—no one in sight. "Sara, come on, you go first," I suggested. She nodded, sat on the window, and slipped her leg to the other side. Slowly climbing down, she jumped.

 I followed suit, and we ran toward the fence. Fortunately, the dog wasn't around. I worried about it barking and revealing our presence. Sara crossed the fence, and I jumped over, and without stopping, we continued running until we were hidden by the trees.

 "Okay, let's stop here," Sara suggested, bending down and touching her knees. She tilted her face up, looked at me, and laughed. 

"Why are you smiling?" I asked.