The quintessence of a perfect life

SARA:

"What happened?" Rani inquired, noticing the change. I recounted the situation to them. KK sighed deeply. 

"When will we have a normal day, a normal life?" he pondered aloud. I sighed too, feeling the weight of our unconventional existence. 

"This is my life. It can't be changed. It will always be like this—fighting, running, constantly on edge, aware of our surroundings," I expressed with resignation. 

 "Sara, I need to talk to you," KK interjected, his tone serious. I turned to him, attentive.

 "I'm sorry, but I think it would be better if Rani didn't participate in this anymore, especially now that she's pregnant. Let's not involve her in these dangers," KK proposed, looking at Rani and then back at me. 

 "It's true. I'll handle this, KK. I don't want you, Rani, or Madhav involved in this," I asserted. 

 "I didn't mean it like that. I can assist you," KK insisted. 

 "No, you need to stay here with Rani during this time. I understand its importance. I'll handle my own issues," I assured with a smile.

 "Sara," Rani called out to me. I smiled at her and stood up. 

"I'm okay, completely fine. I get it. I'll check on how things are going," I said, heading toward Samantha, who was nearby the stage.

 As I moved, I felt a hand gripping my wrist. I turned to see Dev. "Are you alright?" he asked. 

 "To be honest, no. It stung a bit. KK was right. This is my problem, my life. It's risky. Even if KK didn't express it openly, I understand. He needs to protect his family too, right? Just like I do?" I expressed to Dev, seeking understanding. He nodded in agreement. 

"And now, with Rani being pregnant, we can't take any risks. We need more people for our work, and we need to ensure Padma's safety when we're not around. How? Who can we trust?" I questioned.

 "Uncle. He can take care of her," Dev suggested. 

 "Will he do babysitting?" I inquired skeptically. 

 "He'll have to. Consider it his penance for keeping me hidden from you and not revealing your existence to me," Dev said, a playful smile forming on his lips. I couldn't help but chuckle. 

 "and this isn't just your problem; it's ours, and I'll stand by you through it all," Dev affirmed. His words held a weight that had been a longing for some time, and finally, he fulfilled that need. I gazed into his eyes, my smile fading at the sincerity in his words. 

 "Don't look at me like that," he whispered. I blinked and turned away, focusing on the stage. I gently withdrew my hands from his and made my way toward Samantha. 

 "How's everything going? Do you need any help?" I inquired. 

 "Pretty well," Samantha replied with a smile.

 "Okay, where's the cake, and do you know of any beautiful spots in this hotel?" I asked. 

 "There's a terrace dining area. Want me to check if it's available?" Samantha offered.