Can you do the honors?

DEV:

As I stepped into our home, a familiar voice called out, "Appa!" It was Padma, rushing over to me. I lifted her, cradling her to my left side.

"What have you been up to? Have you taken a bath?" I inquired.

"Yes, smell it—baby powder!" she said, pressing her palm near my face. I held her hand, kissed it, and took a deep sniff. "Ahhh," I sighed.

"You smell just like a baby again," I teased.

"I'm not a baby, I'm a big girl," she protested.

"You'll always be my baby," I replied, hugging her tightly and planting a kiss on her head.

"Now, where's your amma? Let's go find her." As we entered the bedroom, Sara was focused on something in the bed. She turned to greet me.

"You're back," she said softly before turning back to the bed and retrieving something. It was a newborn baby.

"Here, it's your turn to give him a bath," she said, passing the baby to me. I cradled the tiny bundle close to my body with my right hand. He had big brown eyes and fair skin, reminiscent of mine, with Sara's lips and her cute nose. I smiled warmly at our new addition to the family.

"Why are you looking at him as if it's your first time seeing him?" Sara questioned me.

I glanced at her and requested, "Give me a kiss."

She seemed puzzled but leaned in and planted a quick kiss on my lips, eliciting giggles from Padma. Sara then kissed Padma on the cheek and teasingly asked, "Why the laughter, hmm?" She took Padma from my arms and lifted her.

"Let's watch how Dad's going to bathe him," Sara announced to Padma. Suddenly, the baby in my dream began to cry, and I tried to comfort him.

In the midst of this, I heard weeping. Startled, I opened my eyes. It was just a dream, but the sound of crying persisted. I looked over at Sara; she was crying in her sleep. I sighed deeply, unsure of how long she had been grappling with this. Waking up, I approached her and gently touched her shoulder.

"Hey, it's okay. It was just a bad dream," I whispered soothingly. Despite my words, her weeping continued.

Gently, I wiped the tears from her face, whispering, "It's okay, we're okay, Sara." But the tears persisted. I couldn't fathom what was troubling her. I lay beside her, facing her, and tenderly draped my arm over her. She shifted, curling closer to me, finding solace in the fetal position with her head tucked under my chin. I held her tighter, feeling her weeping gradually subside.

SARA:

The alarm echoed, disrupting the tranquility of the moment. I was nestled in comfort, reluctant to stir. Responsibilities loomed, yet I yearned to push them aside and simply exist without the weight of impending tasks. Reluctantly, I opened my eyes. Dev lay beside me, peacefully asleep. My leg rested on his hip, hand gently placed on his chest while he slept, facing the ceiling.

As much as I knew I should move, I relished this closeness. Just a bit longer, I wished. My phone, blaring its persistent alarm, sat on the bedside table. I couldn't reach it without disturbing Dev. Annoying alarm, bound to rouse him.

"Hmmm," he moaned softly. I stayed still, not making a single move. His eyes remained shut. His hand reached out, lightly grazing my shoulder and then tracing my arms. I shut my eyes tight, feigning deep sleep. Sensing his face draw closer, I felt his fingers gently tuck a stray hair behind my ear. I focused on keeping my eyes steady, not a flutter. Just as the alarm buzzed, his arm slowly retreated.