You are stronger than me

SARA:

I woke up with a sensation of falling, but before hitting the ground, I found myself suspended a few inches above it. Confused, I opened my eyes to see the ground right in front of me. My t-shirt felt tight, and then I realized someone was holding me, preventing me from hitting the ground by grabbing onto my t-shirt. My knees were on the ground, and as I was slowly lifted, I used my legs to stand and regain my balance.  It was Dev. Closing and opening my eyes again to make sure, I confirmed it was indeed him. 

"Are you okay?" he asked.

 I nodded in response. He walked past me and headed into the kitchen. Grateful that I didn't end up with any injuries, I thought about going back to sleep. I laid back on the sofa.

 "Ammaaaaaa," I heard Padma's voice. Glancing towards the bedroom door while still on the sofa, I saw her grinning and approaching. I hugged her, allowing her to crawl onto the sofa and rest on me. 

"Did you sleep well?" I asked. 

 "Hmmm," she nodded.

 "Who is my cute baby?" I teased. 

 "Me," she giggled. 

 "Really? Is it you?" I inquired.

 "Yes, only me," she asserted with a playful look.

 "Yes, you are. I am scared now," I pretended, and we both laughed.

 "Hey baby," I called her. She lifted her head and looked at me. 

"We should wear the same dress," I suggested.

 "Same dress?" she asked. 

"Yes, let's buy some clothes—one for me and another mini version for you. What do you say?" I proposed.

 "Okay, I want rings like you," she said. 

"Haan? Do you want rings like me? But I have more rings on my hands. Do you want all of them?" I asked.

 "Yes," she nodded. 

"Okay, your finger is small. Let's get you a customized one, specially made for you. What do you say?" I suggested.

 "Okay," she nodded.

 "You are my cute baby, so cute, so beautiful, so tiny," I said as I gently held her cheeks and squished them. She giggled. 

"Baby, do you know? You are stronger than me," I shared.

 "Really?" she looked up at me. 

"Yes, when you were in my belly, you protected me," I explained.

 "Ohhhhh," she exclaimed. 

"Yes, when you grow up, you will be stronger than anyone else," I assured her. She flexed her left hand biceps. I chuckled. 

"See, I can see your biceps," I teased. 

"But appa has a bigger one, really big," she said. 

"Yes, he does, but you are stronger than him," I claimed. 

"I knew it," she smiled, and I smiled back at her.

 "Okay, move and sit on my feet," I instructed.

 "Why?" she asked. 

"Go, sit on my feet facing me," I said. She stood and moved to my feet, sitting on both of them.

 "Hold my hands," I said as I extended my hands towards her. 

"Don't be scared," I warned. 

"Lean on my knees," I said. I lifted my legs, and she screamed with laughter. I joined in, lifting her again.