8 | To the ER.

Audrey woke up confused on the couch after over an hour, but she felt so much better.

- Hellooo sleepy head.- He gave her a kiss right on the lips.- Are you feeling better?

- Hi..- She blushed a bit.- Yeah, sorry about that earlier, I guess the medication isn't working yet..- She hugged him, it made her feel so so safe.

- You should eat something, it's 3 p.m already.- He kissed her temple.

- It is? Oh shit, I didn't even realise.- She looked at the time, and Melendez was right.- These seizures makes me feel so off..- She rolled her eyes while hiding her face in one of her hands.

- It's not your fault guapita.- He gave her a kiss on the cheek and decided to cook.

- I know, but at the same time it makes me feel so guilty.- She was playing with her necklace.

- Awh baby, it takes some time, don't rush it.- She gently smiled at him.

After they both ate some lunch, Audrey and Neil thought, that it would be nice to start theirs "walking lessons" for real. And like that, they got ready and drove to the hospital.

- I'm a bit nervous to be honest..- She kept playing with her hands.

- Babe, everybody there would kill to help you, trust me.- He rubbed her thigh as he drove one handed.

- I know, but it's weird going back there and not working.- She looked at him.

- It's going to be okay, I promise. And also, you look stunning today, like everyday.- He made her blush, and helped her feel more confident about herself.

When they already parked next to the hospital, Neil hopped out of the car and got her wheelchair out of the trunk. Mainly for her own comfort.

- Thanks babe, but I can do it on my own.- She giggled and sat on it.

- But I can help you out, soo..- Beacuse the wheelchair is for actively using it people, it's light weighted anyways.

- Heeey girl, how are you feelin?- Morgan asked right away as she saw her going in with Melendez.

- Could be better, but I'm not complaining.- She smiled a bit, hugging her.

- Any seizures today?- They were going towards the rehabilitation room.

- Only one, but it was pretty calm wasn't it?- She looked at Melendez with a smile.

- Yep, you go through it like a fighter.

- Oh here we go, peeep taaaalk.- Morgan rolled her eyes.- How about, you take some of my patients and I'll help Lim? If i hear your cutesy comments again I will throw the fuck up.

- I don't think you can even do that..- He looked confused at her.

- I just did.- He gave him her documents about the patients.- Chop, chop. I know way more about this than you anyway.- That finally made Audrey laugh.

- That's the first and last time you did that Reznick.- He gave Lim a kiss on the head and left with the documents.

- How the hell did you do that.- Audrey laughted again and started to stand up from the wheelchair with the help of handrails, and once again the spasticity came back.

- I have the sass in my blood, I thought that was obvious already.- She stood behind her. Audrey was taking her first steps, but of course with the help of the handrails.- Hold off them girl.

- What? Than how can I even take a single step?- She looked at Morgan kinda shocked.

- Go on, I'm right behind you anyways.- She tried to take her first step, but immediately held the rails.

- Wait here.- Reznick placed a chair to sit behind her, and gave her something to hold right in front of here, so she doesn't help herself with anything to take a step.- Go on, and don't you dare to hold onto the handrails.

- You will kill me someday, or I'll kill you.- She took the first step using her right leg as it was the better one.

- Great, now do it like a hundred more times again.

- Are you kidding.- She looked her straight in the eyes.- There's no way I can do that.

- Of course you can, tomorrow you will probably do two times more than that, I want you to be able to run in the ER girl.

Audrey did a couple steps, but since her back is so unaccustomed to standing and walking, it was clearly painful.

- Okay, shall we walk down the hall now?- Morgan took the walking handrails away, and held both of her hands.

- I can't, I won't I..- She panicked so much.- I'm so dizzy..- She almost fell and placed her hand on her forehead. The amount of blood pulling in her body while standing was so severe, and her body wasn't even prepared for this. Morgan knew what was going on, but she also knew that she and her body had to train this feeling.

- Breathe okay? Let's stand for about ten more seconds so you don't immediately pass out alright?- She held her waist so she didn't fell on her face.- You're doing fantastic for a start, really.

- No I'm not, I know I'm not..- She slowly sat down, and again the spasticity and spasms throughout her hips and legs.

- You stood and walked for twenty minutes straight, it's really impressive.

- Once I stood for a whole night shift, and not twenty minutes Morgan..- She was so annoyed with herself.

- Than we should keep going, how about our achieve point is to walk all to way to the ER?- Audrey was stunned.

- To the ER?..- She started to panic a bit.

- Absolutely, and we can take a quick look on what's your lover doing.- She smiled.- And I know that you can do it. Let's do it huh?- She held her hand and smiled.

- Okay..- She slowly stood up, and they walked out of the room.- Damn, I kinda missed walking down these halls..

- For now, but when you come back you will hateeee it.

- I don't think I ever will to be honest..- She looked at dr.Reznick, but her legs started to become stiff and shaky, which made her stop.

- Everything good?- She looked at Lims emotionless face, but she only looked at one place.- Audrey?- All of the sudden Audrey started to seize really strong.- Oh my God, Audrey..- She quickly laid her at the floor.- Code blue!- dr.Reznick yelled to one of the nurses that was passing by. dr.Lims head was convulsing to the side and eyes rolled back.

The nurse gave Audrey five miligrams of lorazepam, and they placed her on the stretcher.

- It's going to be okay Aud..- Morgan rubbed her hand, as they walked to the department.

- What the hell happend?- Neil ran next to Morgan.

- She was doing truly amazing, but she had a seizure and everything went down the hill, let's hope that's nothing serious.- Gladly, Audrey quickly started waking up.- You're alright, you had a seizure Audrey, probably beacuse of the blood pressure.

- Not again..- She sighted, hiding her face in one of her hands.- I'm okay, please don't take me to the department again, there's more people that needs it Morgan.- dr.Lim tried to convince her, but we all know what the answer was.

- One of the people is you Lim, just please let us check if you didn't hurt yourself, it was really sudden.

- Alright..- She was really mad and sad at the situation at the same time. She just wanted to be like before and start doing the things she love.
_______________________________________