23 | Showing?

Even though Audrey alarm went off, the episode made her feel so exhausted, not talking about how many times she felt naseuos through the night.

- Hey there sleepy head..- He kissed her forehead. Melendez felt kinds quilty for waking her up, but they had to get up to work.

- Hello..- She opened her eyes gently, but was still so sleepy- Jesus I feel so tired..- She giggled and sat up.

- I can imagine mi amor.- He immediately smiled when he saw her from the side when she stood up.

- What?- She was confused but smiled.- Why are you staring at me that way huh?

- Mi amor oh my God.- He went closer to her and kissed her right on the lips- You have a freaking bump.- He was happy like a little kid in a candy store.- You're showing, oh my God..- Neil immediately kissed her again, but Audrey was still processing what the hell he just said.

- Wait what?- She immediately smiled and stood next to a mirror in their bedroom.- NO WAY.- She stood there in complete shock and it made her blush. She turned back to Neil and immediately giggled while kissing him.- We're really having a little baby..

- Mhmmmm..- He chuckled and rubbed her cheek.- You're the most gorgeous person I know in the entire world.- He fixed her black her behind her ear.

- Shut the fuck up.- She smiled rolling her eyes, he knew she hated when he was complementing her like that but done it on purpose for two main reasons. First, it was the truth. Second, he liked to annoy her sometimes.- How the fuck how I cover my bump at work.- She quickly realised.

- It's not that big babe, you just see it that way cause we're excited, and you can always wear something a bit oversize if that makes you feel more comfy.

- I wish, but as a chief of surgery? Never.

- Okay then, no oversize stuff.- He could stop smiling at her, even though she was just curling her hair.- I'm sure we can figure something out, but there's still time.

- Stop drooling at me Neil.- She looked at him dead serious.- I wouldn't recommend making your pregnant woman mad.- She winked at him and wanted to walk out of the bedroom but his strong hug from behind and kiss on the cheek stopped her.

- Does that make you made though?- That made Audrey blush immediately.

- Absolutely not, but I was throwing up till two at night. So everything annoys me.

- Is it the throwing up or the hormones though?- He laughed and rubbed her bump gently, she just gave him a silent stare, but couldn't stop laughing the second after.- Okay, okay I'm sorry. I won't throw the jokes anymore.

- You better.- She chuckled and took her medication.- Do you think people will notice?

- I highly doubt that, really. I mean, Claire will probably smirk at you and stuff, but I don't think anyone will noitce, and if someone asks questions than we can just play dumb or something.- Audrey put on her Martens boots.

- Yeah, you know we have to tell them sooner or later anyways, beacuse if Shaun starts to notice something..- It made Neil chuckle.

- Oh the whole hospital would know in seconds.- He grabbed all his stuff and they were ready to head to work already. Gladly, no one saw anything or asked questions like Audrey worried. Well, almost cause of course Claire had to ask some questions when they were alone in the OR preparing for a surgery.

- Sooooo..- Dr.Browne of course started sugar coating things at first, but Lim realised immediately.

- Don't you dare.- She only smiled gently.

- Oh pleasee, there's no one here.- Claire looked at her smiling like crazy while washing her hands.- Nobody knows about the pregnancy.- That was the exact moment when Shaun went into the operating room, and Audrey deicded to not say a word about anything.

- Who's pregnant?- He asked while his hands rested on his chest like always, with no emotion. Claire and Audrey looked at eachother with a bit of panicked look.

- No one, why are you asking?- Browne got her lips in a straight line as she anwsered his question trying not to laugh.

- Beacuse I heard you two, I should ask Dr.Andrews.- Lim stopped him asap.

- Murphy, we have to scrub in, and like we said, no one is pregnant.- Shaun just looked at her for a quick second and walked away with no response to scrub in. Audrey let out a quiet sigh of relief, and giggled quietly with Claire, it was a very risky conversation. They got the patient ready and started the vessels surgery.

- I'll ask Dr.Andrews about it after the surgery, who do you think is pregnant?- Of course, Murphy didn't stop thinking about it, as always and the confusion wouldn't let him focus on his work.

- I am, Shaun.- Audrey decided to finally tell him because there was no way he would concentrate in any way, and she didn't wanted any drama with Andrews. Claire looked at her with shook that she decided to tell him that, but it was kinda reasonable too.

- Oh, okay.- Total Shaun response. Dr.Browne just chuckled quietly, and they were finishing up. He got back the subject when they were finished.- Why were you and dr.Melendez hiding that?

- Cause we don't want anyone to know right now, it's more of a private thing untill we feel ready, Shaun.- She took off the surgical scrubs, and felt a bit lightheaded when she felt the strong smell of latex in the gloves, she didn't realized how much smells and sounds annoyed her at that time, or maybe it was just the outcome of the PTSD episode she had last night. Audrey got back to her office, and just stood by the door taking a deep breath, she had a lot of paper work to do and didn't know where to even start with all of this. It started to be overwhelming. When she sat down and at least tried to focus on what she needed to do, she heard a knock on the door.

- Come in.- She tried to really focus on the stuff that she didn't understood at all.

- Hey babe, how are you feeling?- Neil came in.

- Everything annoy me and I don't even understand what I'm doing.- She hid her face in her hands as her eyes started to hurt a bit. He came over to her and kisses her forehead.

- You need help? Maybe we can figure it out togheter.- Audrey only let out a quiet sigh.

- It's okay. I'll get it done somehow, i just feel like absolute shit since this morning. I don't know if im overwhelmed or what..

- Awh..- He didn't want to suffer like that at all.- Do you need anything?

- Maybe a hug?- She asked quietly, and he immediately hid her in his arms.- I had to tell Shaun I'm pregnant cause he wouldn't focus in the OR.- She chuckled.

- Oh shit. Should i prepare for a lot of pep talk?- He laughed and fixed her hair behind her ear.

- Probably..
_______________________________________