17 | Adrenaline junkies.

Audrey laughted loudly when they were rewatching Spider-man 3. The movie that they watched back in time when Audrey was an attending, and had a horrible night at the emergency room. Theirs first kiss, and the realisation they love each other.

- I'll make some tea, want some?- She letted out of his cuddle and walked to the kitchen.

- Sure, and damn your walking is great actually.- He smiled, and when remembered with what she started her walking, it was outrageous that she was getting so amazing in such a short time.

- I know.- She boiled the water.

- Ah always so modest.- He laughed.- I have a challenge.

- Mm, like what?- She poured the tea into two ceramic cups, as Melendez grabbed her cane.- Hey!

- Go on, but without the cane.

- Whaaat? Neil it's impossible.- She sighted.

- No it's not, I know you can.- He placed the cane next to the couch so she can grab it later.

- Do you want me to spill boiling hot tea on myself?

- You won't, I saw you do that with coffee Aud.- He knew she was super scared and did not want to break the barriers, so he had to help her.

- Okay..- She took a deep breath and did some steps forward.

- See?- He was so so proud of her.

- I don't know how long it will take..- She giggled and look at him.

- Oh fuck it, you're doing amazing that what matters babe.- He took the cups from her and gave her a long hug.

- I love youuuu.

- I know, you told me this at least fifty times today. You are super clingy these days you know? I've never seen you like this.

- Well, now you do.- She rolled her eyes and went back to cuddeling to his chest under a blanket.- Do you think Andrews actually fired me?

- He doesn't have the balls to lose you, you're too good.

- Awh thanks.- His words made her blush.- Sorry babe but I think I'll go get ready for bed, I'm getting really tired.

- Oh absolutely mi amor, don't be sorry. Tell me if you need any help okay? Do you want your cane?

- Yeah that would be helpful.- Her hands were trembeling so bad.

- You'll have a seizure?- He was really worried.

- No, no. I don't know why it's happening, I've been like this for the last couple of days.

- I'll help you okay? Even if it's not a sign of a seizure, I don't want you to hurt yourself or anything.

- Thanks..- She gave him a gentle kiss and grabbed the cane from him.

- Shout if you need anything alright?

- I will.- She remembered one more thing- Oh, Neil?

- Yeah?

- Can you put my glasses on the nightstand please?- She giggled as she remembered how hard it was to find them without her contacts.

- Sure.- He also smiled and went to the bedroom.

When Audrey got out of the bathroom, she could smell her favorite yankee candle from the bedroom, which made her smile a bit.

- I know it calms you down, and you're so anxious these days so I wanted you to take time and relax a bit.- He smiled and gave her a kiss.- And there you go.- He put the glasses on her nose, she had like three pairs of them, but he always went with the black blocky one.